Oklahoma

Venue help!

I live around the OKC metro and I am needing a pretty cheap venue for both the ceremony and reception. I would like to hold both at the same place but I'm willing to be flexible there! I'd really like it to be an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. My budget for ceremony and reception is roughly $1000 .But I would love for it to be a lot less than that! I have considered the Round Barn in Arcadia because I have heard it is cheap (less than $500- which is GREAT!) and I love the feel of it. Does anybody have any suggestions and/or comments about a possible venue or the Round Barn idea? The venue is my biggest problem right now! The wedding date is in October!
Thanks for all your help!!

Re: Venue help!

• Everything that I looked for here was more than that.  I was looking at an outside wedding for that reason, but found that to rent seats, decor etc, was less expensive to just pay more and rent a building. So now ours is out of town. lol

• We are having our wedding at the Chapel Creek winery near El Reno.  It's not too far of a drive and it's really pretty.  We had to put down a $500 refundable deposit that we will get back as long as we leave everything clean.  The only other stipulation is that we have to serve their wine and we must buy at least $400 worth.  For us, that's not really an issue, but if you have your heart set on specific drinks that would be a problem. The only other issue is it is all outside.  However, since the venue is basically free (just paying for the wine) it's not so hard to rent things!  
    Also, I've been to a wedding at the Round Barn and it was really nice.  However, if it's still hot in October it will be bad inside the barn and the outside ceremony was interrupted with a lot of traffic noise.
    Hope this helps! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! Everything has been super helpful!! Recently, I had a friend suggest Tres Suenos Vineyard in Luther. I am really looking into that! It is a little over my budget but I think it will be worth it. Plus it's an outside ceremony and inside reception. Has anyone attended a wedding there or have any comments/complaints about Tres Suenos?
  • I actually checked that place out before I chose my venue.  It is very pretty outside, the inside was okay but not bad for the price.  My biggest problem was that when we walked in, no one spoke to us for at least 5 minutes.  There weren't very many people there and they looked at us but no one got up to help us.  Then when they finally did start talking to us they had no idea if they had openings around when we wanted to get married, their system for writing everything down was a spiral notebook...not even a calendar!  While we were getting our tour the man who was showing us around kept yelling at the other workers.  They just seemed very unprofessional.  Which was sad, because I did like the outdoor space and it was much cheaper than other places.

Hopefully when you go, they will be much nicer and more professional!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You might look into the Santa Fe Train Depots.  I think there is one in Norman and they usually have an event space that is pretty economical to rent.
  • you might want to look into Morrison Floral's conservatory off Meridian. It seats up to 60 people and it has the feeling of being outdoors while still being inside. Thats where I'm getting married in April, chose not to fight the weather being outside. It costs $650 mon - sat, $950 sun and you get $150 back if you leave it clean after
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my wedding at the Round Barn and it was FABULOUS!  We loved it.  The price was right, and the weather was great.  We were married October 15th.  If you need any info on it, let me know.  I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_venue-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:e2a7c2d1-1225-4812-8f18-f6569cee76f2Post:a50eb60c-3944-47c9-b131-615834dcc0c9">Re: Venue help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]you might want to look into Morrison Floral's conservatory off Meridian. It seats up to 60 people and it has the feeling of being outdoors while still being inside. Thats where I'm getting married in April, chose not to fight the weather being outside. It costs $650 mon - sat, $950 sun and you get $150 back if you leave it clean after
    Posted by BrittH422[/QUOTE]

How very cool...I'm getting married there the day after you!!
    Anniversary Daisypath Graduation tickers image
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_venue-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:e2a7c2d1-1225-4812-8f18-f6569cee76f2Post:265273f0-b38d-4858-9f9d-250341b072b5">Re: Venue help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venue help! : How very cool...I'm getting married there the day after you!!
    Posted by NalaniAli[/QUOTE]
    wow thats crazy! I hadn't even heard of that place until my mom found it online but their website doesnt do it justice. It's perfect for us because we are doing a kind of Cinderella fairytale theme and its just so pretty inside. I'm excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_venue-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:e2a7c2d1-1225-4812-8f18-f6569cee76f2Post:547c5d32-ce87-497d-8625-c60ffbefc9a0">Re: Venue help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my wedding at the Round Barn and it was FABULOUS!  We loved it.  The price was right, and the weather was great.  We were married October 15th.  If you need any info on it, let me know.  I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.
    Posted by TishaPayne[/QUOTE]

Did you have both the wedding and reception at the Round Barn?
  • Will Rodgers Garden is great and very cheap for outside weddings.
    Look into using A Bed and Breakfast they are also very cheap.
  • This is late, but the old post office in el reno is great for your budget and indoor/outdoor requests. It is called festivities now, but it has gorgeous outside space and antique charm inside. Downsides: shows older wear in places and parking is an issue. Also, you have to do a lot of work yourself to make it cheaper (set up/tear down)
  • mmoreommoreo member
    First Comment
    I'm having the same problem and my wedding is in September, I am panicking right now and I am paying for my own wedding as well I'm working all that I can and saving for a house at the same time it is so hard if y'all come up with something please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards