Oklahoma

Floral help!

Hello Knotties! I'm looking for some ideas of cost, etc of florals.  If you get a chance.... can you help me by answering these questions. Any more info would be helpful.

1) Who is your florist and where are they located?
2) What is approximate cost?
3) What are they providing? (41 tall centerpieces, 8 small & 3 bouquets...etc)
4) On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate them? Are they super sweet but not too helpful, etc....

Re: Floral help!

• VNEluvsAJBVNEluvsAJB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) New Leaf Florist- Midtown (just north of 23rd st)
    2) $2500
    3) 10 centerpieces a mix of tall and short, 1 BIG arrangement for the buffet, 1 arrangement for the guest book table, 1 arch, 1 bridal bouquet, 1 toss bouquet, 3 bm bouquets, 1 fg basket, 8 bouts, 3 corsages- I think that's right but I don't have the estimate in front of me so that's just what I can remember.
    4) I'd give them a 10 so far we've only done the initial consultation but they're really helpful and have a lot of ideas to offer. I didn't really know what I wanted so that was exactly what I was looking for. Also, they're work is a little more up to date than other florists I  met with.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Trochta's - off of the Broadway Extension and 63rd
    2.  $1100
    3.  9 centerpieces, 6 bm bouquets, my bouquet, flowers for the cake, toss petals, 4 corsages, 12 bouts, 2 kissing balls for flower girls, my bridal pics bouquet.  I think that's all.
    4.  I give Shannan a 10, she was so incredibly great to work with and knew exactly what I did and did not want.  It came out beautifully and I can honestly say she was my favorite vendor to work with.
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Poppy Lane Design, owner and florist: Kelly Long
    2. $2460
    3.Bridal bouquet and toss bouquet
    2 bridesmaids bouquet
    Groom and 2 Groomsmen boutonnieres
    3 corsages for mothers
    2 boutonnieres for fathers
    1 boutonniere for ring bearer
    Silk petals for one flower girl
    Floral sphere for other flower girl
    2 large arrangements for altar including pillars she will supply
    14 end of pew arrangements
    1 medium arrangement at guestbook table
    15 centerpieces of different heights for reception 
    4. I would give Kelly a 10 for her talent and personality. I would give her a 6 for response in a timely manner. She's a busy woman that runs this floral company on her own. You just kind of have to nag her until you hear back from her at times. If you have time/patience to wait then this woman will not let you down! Your wedding flowers will be absolutely gorgeous! Overall experience with her I will give her a 10! 

Here's her facebook fan page...It's full of pictures!

Keep in mind what kind of flowers they are offering you... Makes a huge difference! I went to Tony Foss for a consultation. He never listened to what I wanted. Offered me tons of flowers that are cheap for him to get, flowers that I didn't want and he wanted to charge me my full budget for something I could have gotten much cheaper if I said my budget was 1200.
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention Poppy Lane is located on 1138 N. Robinson Avenue. If you know where the Mercedes Benz dealership is, it's not too far from there in Studio Midtown.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Anna Teague.  She works in admissions at the OSU vet school, so is very convenient for me!
    Cost so far is $700-800.
    1 bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, toss bouquet, 7 corsages, 12 boutonnieres, and hydrangeas to hang off the ceremony chairs, and 1 guest book table arrangement.
    With 12 table centerpieces it was going to be $1900, but we decided to do those ourselves.  I bought tulips, and will get pots, votive candles, and picture frames of our engagement pictures for the tables.  So far I bought tulip bulbs for 20 tables and it was $60.
    Anna is very sweet and she gets flowers wholesale to save lots of money.  She also studied horticulture, so she knows all about flowers.  Her website it http://annateague.wordpress.com/about/.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards