New Jersey - South
Options

Venue Help NJ & GA

Hello everyone!

This gets a little complicated I guess to start off. We are looking to get married next Spring/Early Summer of 2013. I am from NJ but we currently live in GA and therefore can have a wedding at either. My mother woud like me to have the wedding in central NJ southern NJ or Philadelphia since that is closest to family. Honestly I don't mind either.

I wanted to have a sunflower field ceremony and then the reception at an inn or nearby a hotel so that guests who have traveled won't have to go far after the reception. 

If in NJ we found a farm for Sunflowers in Chesterfield, NJ but the only two inns and event location I have found so far nearby are Laurita Winery and Fernbrook Inn...both want around 18K and that is much more than I am looking to spend. Perona Farms wasn't quite what I was looking for either. 

If in GA there is a sunflower farm festival in Madison and the same goes for that area. I have founda  few places to have the reception nearby but Variety Works wants 8K just to rent the facility for just the reception. The Atlanta aquarium has a 10K minimum as well.  I have looked into Burnt Pine Weddings as well. Guests would be flying into Atlanta. Any ideas or venues come to mind?

We want to have a rustic wedding - tented reception or at least partially outdoor reception. But I can't even get the reception venues ironed out. I have a year (phew) but need to look into booking, many of these places are already booked for next year. 

Re: Venue Help NJ & GA

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_venue-help-nj-ga?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:0cb6f1f3-cb5c-4e4d-9b17-f5629a57130bPost:7784d96e-b2fc-4f82-a791-d9235db603f9">Venue Help NJ & GA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone! This gets a little complicated I guess to start off. We are looking to get married next Spring/Early Summer of 2013. I am from NJ but we currently live in GA and therefore can have a wedding at either. My mother woud like me to have the wedding in central NJ southern NJ or Philadelphia since that is closest to family. Honestly I don't mind either.

I wanted to have a sunflower field ceremony and then the reception at an inn or nearby a hotel so that guests who have traveled won't have to go far after the reception.

If in NJ we found a farm for Sunflowers in Chesterfield, NJ but the only two inns and event location I have found so far nearby are Laurita Winery and Fernbrook Inn...both want around 18K and that is much more than I am looking to spend. Perona Farms wasn't quite what I was looking for either. 

If in GA there is a sunflower farm festival in Madison and the same goes for that area. I have founda  few places to have the reception nearby but Variety Works wants 8K just to rent the facility for just the reception. The Atlanta aquarium has a 10K minimum as well.  I have looked into Burnt Pine Weddings as well. Guests would be flying into Atlanta. Any ideas or venues come to mind?

We want to have a rustic wedding - tented reception or at least partially outdoor reception. But I can't even get the reception venues ironed out. I have a year (phew) but need to look into booking, many of these places are already booked for next year. 
    Posted by DragonTea[/QUOTE]

Quoted to make reading easier, the format was crazy for me!

Have you looked into any country clubs?  They would have lots of grounds and open fields at least.  And may offer the option of having the cocktail hour outdoors.  I'm not too sure of many outdoor reception areas in the Camden County area.  But the following places could at least have an outdoor cocktail hour:  Valleybrook CC, Tavistock CC, and Aulettos.  I was married at Brigalias and their outdoor grounds are gorgeous.  They can also do outdoor cocktail hours, but I know they prefer indoor ones to keep the quality of cocktail hour food high!
  • Options
    Jdangelo27Jdangelo27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Check out lakeside manor/ mcfaddens catering. Tented area on a lake outdoor area for cocktails and ceremony. Backs up to a lake. Reasonable prices too. Lakeside Manor Address: 10 Foster Ave Gibbsboro NJ 08026 Also check our valenzano winery in shamong. I've only seen pictures but it's gorgeous!
  • Options
    AdrF11AdrF11 member
    First Comment
    Old York Country Club is right there in Chesterfield. I just booked my reception there. They are flexable w/ your budget and give great service. Cocktail hour is outside and the dinner is inside, but they have these huge windows looking out over the fields and trees.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards