New Jersey - South

POLL: Wedding Cake

Bunchy asked for a poll so I came up with a wedding cake poll. This week is dragging and thinking about yummy desserts makes it better! If you are married answer with what you had.1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower?2. What flavor is your cake?3. What flavor is your icing?4. Buttercream or fondant?5. What color scheme is your cake?6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant?7. What does your cake topper look like?8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely?9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it?10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner?11.  What bakery is your cake from?
imageAnniversary

Re: POLL: Wedding Cake

• edited December 2011
    1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower?  Cake2. What flavor is your cake? Chocolate Chip Pound Cake3. What flavor is your icing?  Vanilla4. Buttercream or fondant?  Buttercream :)5. What color scheme is your cake?  Ivory with white lace overlay design and pastel roses6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant?  We wanted fresh but ended up going with sugar to make it easier. The flower colors were brighter than what I wanted but still looked cute.7. What does your cake topper look like?  It was vintage porcelain bride and groom bears (bought on Etsy)8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely?  My plan had been to feed nicely but when the moment came, I knew DH wasn't going to be so nice.  We ended up "nicely smashing" as in only around our mouths so nothing on our clothes or hair or anything.  It was actually a lot of fun and it was nice to be playful!  I know a lot of people are opposed to smashing and I was one of them, but its one of my favorite memories of the day!9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it?  It was supposed to be "Love and Marriage" but the DJ annoyingly played "Pour Some Sugar on Me".  I didn't notice though until later on when DH told me.10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner?  After!  With 1 hour left in the reception11. What bakery is your cake from? DiBartolo's in Collingswood.  Yum!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great Poll!!  We just had our cake tasting so I am all about my cake right now!1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? wedding cake2. What flavor is your cake?bottom layer is pound cake w/ raspberry swirl, then pound w/ choc chip, pound w/ choc chip again and top layer is pound w/ raspberry swirl3. What flavor is your icing?Umm, not sure, it is champagne in color but I don't think it tastes like champagne!  ha!  That may be tasty though!  =)4. Buttercream or fondant?Buttercream5. What color scheme is your cake?Champagne with brown draping6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant?sugar flowers7. What does your cake topper look like?It is traditional - it was FI's parents' cake topper.  His mother died about 9 years ago and I thought this was a nice way to incorporate her into our wedding.  She kept the cake topper lovingly displayed in her china cabinet so it is in very nice condition.8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely?No smashing - I don't want to muss my makeup!  9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it?yes - Ice Cream by Sarah McLaughlin10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner?After11. What bakery is your cake from?Isgro on 10th & Christian in South Philly.  They have out of this world cake is anyone is looking for a bakery.
  • edited December 2011
    If Bunchy asked for a million $ and a day off could I have that too??? Actually I'd settle for the day off! 3 more weeks and I'm off for 2 weeks straight!!!!1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? cake2. What flavor is your cake? chocolate chip pound cake3. What flavor is your icing? vanilla4. Buttercream or fondant? mmm wedding buttercream5. What color scheme is your cake? it's all ivory and very simple6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant? our florist is coming and putting in fresh flowers between the first and second layers...I can't wait to see it!!!!7. What does your cake topper look like? it's a secret...only like 3 people know8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? I was against it but after reading SummerPastel's post I don't know. I just don't want cake up my nose or in my hair or on my dress!!9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it? again...a secret...we're sneaky like that10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? after like half way through the night11. What bakery is your cake from? DiBartolo's in Collingswood
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? cake2. What flavor is your cake? it will be half vanilla and half chocolate3. What flavor is your icing? vanilla4. Buttercream or fondant? buttercream and some fondant, I think5. What color scheme is your cake?  white with blue tinted snowflakes6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant? icing and fondant7. What does your cake topper look like? we aren't having one8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? feeding nicely9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it? it will be either "Grow Old With You" from the Wedding Singer or "Love and Marriage"10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? after dinner11. What bakery is your cake from? I'm not sure-it comes with our reception package and they use a few different places for the cake-I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when we finalize the menu! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? Cake2. What flavor is your cake? Not sure yet3. What flavor is your icing? Not sure yet probably Vanilla4. Buttercream or fondant? Buttercream5. What color scheme is your cake? It will be damask (white and black)6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant? icing7. What does your cake topper look like? not sure if we will have anything on top 8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? I think it will be a mix of nicely smashing9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it? As of now we are going to go with How Sweet it is to be in Love by You. 10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? After11. What bakery is your cake from? It's included in our package
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower?  Cake.2. What flavor is your cake?  Bottom tier was vanilla, middle was chocolate and top was pound.3. What flavor is your icing?  Vanilla.4. Buttercream or fondant?  Buttercream!  Yum!5. What color scheme is your cake?  All white and very simple.  Ribbon going around the bottom of each tier was supposed to be the same green ribbon I used on the invites.  Imagine my surprise when I walked into the hall and saw my cake sitting there with brown ribbon...6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant?  Fresh.7. What does your cake topper look like?  We didn't have one.8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely?  Nicely!9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it?  That song from the Wedding Singer.10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner?  Honestly, I don't even remember.11. What bakery is your cake from?  L&M in Delran.  Soooo good.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? We had a cupcake tower! 2. What flavor is your cake? We had chocolate and vanilla 3. What flavor is your icing? vanilla 4. Buttercream or fondant? buttercream 5. What color scheme is your cake? it was just buttercream..with pink rose petals around it. 6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant? fresh flowers 7. What does your cake topper look like? M&M- 3 silver rhinestone letters 8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? We did it nicely! 9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it? "How Sweet it is" by Michael Buble' 10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? We did it after dinner..maybe like an hour or so before the reception ended 11. What bakery is your cake from? The Bake Works- and it was fabulous!
    Pregnant with twins! :-) BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Meghan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    What Bunchy wants Bunchy gets! 1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? Cake 2. What flavor is your cake? Vanilla pound 3. What flavor is your icing? Vanilla 4. Buttercream or fondant? Very buttery Buttercream yummmm 5. What color scheme is your cake? All ivory but the ribbon around looked a little peach ( I didn't care much) 6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant? Fresh to mathc the bouquets 7. What does your cake topper look like? See above 8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? Fed with forks I couldn't reach if I wanted to with my cap sleeves 9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it? This Will be natalie Cole- we met on E-Harmony 10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? about 1 hr to go until the end of the reception 11. What bakery is your cake from? Aversa's Turnersville
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? Cake2. What flavor is your cake? 5 Tier, all different flavor the order from top to bottom goes: Choc Chip, Raspberry Swirl, Strawberry Swirl, Marble, then choc chip. They will cut it and serve it out with the dessert table3. What flavor is your icing? Chocolate4. Buttercream or fondant? Buttercream5. What color scheme is your cake? Chocolate Icing with purple vine piping all over.6. Fresh flowers or icing/sugar/fondant? Icing/Sugar flowers7. What does your cake topper look like? Initial D with rhinestones8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? I am going to smash but I don't want to be smashed myself so maybe just nicely. 9. Do you have a cake cutting song? What is it? Not sure yet. Maybe How sweet it is10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? After11. What bakery is your cake from?  Country Sweets in Woodbury
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers **TTC buddies with TheDeaton's!**
  • edited December 2011
    We don't even have our menu picked out yet, but the answers from everyone else is giving me ideas! 1. Are you having a wedding cake or cupcake tower? Cake! 4. Buttercream or fondant? No fondant for me! 7. What does your cake topper look like? Thinking about the embracing couple from the Willow Tree Angels. If not then flowers. 8. Are you smashing cake or feeding nicely? If he's nice I'll be nice. He better be nice! 10. Are you cutting your cake before or after dinner? Who wants cake before dinner? 11. What bakery is your cake from? Our venue The Ram's Head Inn is baking it. All the rest - I have no idea! Somehow it will tie in....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards