New Jersey - South
Options

vent

My dream has always been to get married at my parents home. We have the date set for Sep. 18, 2010 and the planning is well underway. My mom, who is paying for it, just called and said that maybe we should do it somewhere else, like a venue. She said, and I agree that it is very expensive to do it at the house. I am just trying to grasp at the thought of not getting married where I always dreamed of it. Also, i am worried that the date we want will not be available anywhere that is half decent. Which I have no idea where to even start looking, since i have never thought of it anywhere else. Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married at your parents home is a lovely idea but how many people were you planning on? When you get down to the logistics of everything it's a lot of work and cost. Do you want porta potties at your wedding? How many bathrooms does their house have? Do you want people in their house? There is plenty of wonderful venues! Start looking and I bet your dream wedding will happen...you just didn't know it was your dream wedding yet. I saw this quote and it makes total sense...just for a little perspective...“I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, he said one that would make me his wife.” -Author Unknown
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bunchy:  great quote!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the quote, hopefully it will help me if I keep repeating it in my head.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Was your dream to have both your ceremony and reception at your parents' house? You could always have a private ceremony at their home and a larger reception someplace that would better accommodate all of your guests. If you do just the ceremony there, you may actually be able to fit all of your guests since it only requires rows of chairs. But you'd probably have to arrange transportation from either a hotel or the reception venue so it's not a parking nightmare.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards