New Jersey - South

The Mansion in Voorhees Bridal show

Anyone going? It is November 8th. I got married there and still hear raves. I have a newly engaged friend who asked me if i would go with her. it should be fun and sad at the same time, since my wedding planning is over!!

Re: The Mansion in Voorhees Bridal show

• edited December 2011
    I am going- CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with my MOH.  Did either of you get a confirmation?  I RSVP'd online a couple weeks ago and called the other day, but still no confirmation.
  • edited December 2011
    I called there, and they said you don't need a confirmation as long as you RSVP'd online or by phone :o)
  • edited December 2011
    ok. thanks!
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal show there back in April.  It was pretty good, made better by the fact that I won a free microdermabrasion treatment at American Laser Center.  but some of the vendors can be quite pushy at these bridal shows.  I know they're trying to make money, but sometimes I want to tell them to just chill!
  • awatson9awatson9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yup! im going with my MOH as well! we cant wait. she was over today for a 'bootcamp wedding planning session!' it was fun! the mansion is actually on my list of venues, i havent called them yet though bc i heard its very expensive .... what did they quote you at per person?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married August 2010 on a Friday and was quoted at $125/pp inclusive of taxes and grat (about $96 before tax and grat).
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married on a Saturday afternoon in September, and I am shocked at how reasonable they were- especially considering their menu and reputation
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, it's a beautiful place, but too rich for my budget. I went to a wedding there back in 2003 and it was quite a lavish affair.
  • edited December 2011
    musicheals - I thought paying over 100 pp was insane too... until I realized that I wasn't comfortable/confident that some of the smaller venues would handle everything.  I'm neurotic/obsessive (I can admit it!) so I needed to be assured that the venue had people to just handle things for me and I wouldn't have to hand-hold all day.  The Mansion has a wedding coordinator to work with throughout the planning, a day-of Maitre D', and bridal attendants to assist the bride.  Knowing that I'll have some extra help (without hiring a DOC) really helps put me at ease that things will be taken care of.  Their entire business is hosting events so they really seem to focus on the client and guests.The other thing I noticed is that some venues (particularly wineries) prohibit liquor or require you to supply the liquor yourself (and sometimes the bartender too) which is just an additional thing I did not want to worry about.I live pretty frugal, but at times it just seems easier to pay an additional cost for the convenience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards