New Jersey - South

Transportation

Ok. So we are working on our transportation. Our bridal party is 19...including me and my fiance and the flower girls and ring bearer. How should we handle transportation? And what about after the reception? What kind of transportation is usually arranged for that?

Re: Transportation

• nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a 26 person limo bus...it's picking up the guys and taking them to church, then getting the girls and taking us over...then taking everyone for pictures and then to the receptiong and we have a stretch limo picking just my FI and I up after.  Everyone else will have a ride home from their date or parents.We decided we wanted to ride with everyone else but some people get something seperate for the bride and groom after the ceremony
  • edited December 2011
    We did a trolley for our group. The trolley picked the guys up first, dropped them off at the church, and then picked the girls up. We all rode in the trolley to pictures and the reception. We had a van/shuttle taking people from the reception to the hotel where the OOT guests were staying and where the after party was being held. After the after party anyone not staying at the hotel got rides to their respective homes. I think it is typical to provide transportation for your BP to the church and to the reception. After that most people make their own arrangements.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony AND reception in the same place (the synagogue), so that makes things easier for everyone. I'm still trying to decide what to do about transportation to the synagogue for my BP and me: since three of my bridesmaids are OOT, may have the limo pick us up at a designated meeting place, i.e., a hotel, and then later pick up FI and his bridal party at a designated meeting place. We shall see; need to discuss it with FI further.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a stretch Hummer for our bridal party. It will pick the guys up and bring them to the church. A limo will come and pick up my girls and take them to the church. I will ride in the Rolls with my parents. After the church our whole bridal party will ride in the Hummer to the reception. FI and I in the Rolls and parents in the Limo. We are also having a van for our out of town guest to go to and from the church that are not staying at the hotel. For after the reception bridal party is responsible for their own rides. That is usually covered by their dates. Ring bearer and flower girl will be riding with their parents.
  • edited December 2011
    Is the ceremony and reception being held at the same place? Are you getting dressed at the location or before at a house/hotel? The reason I ask is that I find transportation to be a great convenience, but also an unnecessary expense.  In reality, the guests rarely see the bp get in or out of the limo/suv/bus/trolley.  So unless you want it for a picture opportunity, I would go with the cheapest alternative.I was in one wedding where we took a stretch suv to the church then to the reception.  The reception was held at a hotel and most of the guests were staying there, so we could walk to our room.  The bride & groom spent a large chunk of money for these suv's and noone saw them or saw us in them.  It was nice to have the BP travel together but wasn't worth the expense in my opinion.Another afternoon wedding had the ceremony and reception at the same location so we drove cars to the site, got dressed there, had the ceremony/reception, then had a stretch suv pick us up to go to a separate location for pics then to a bar.  In this case, the transportation was necessary because people were drinking and we managed to squish into one suv.Sorry this is so long.  I just wanted to give examples based on my experiences. 
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A little tip about transportation...Don't go by the number they tell you it can hold.  My brother got a 20 passanger hummer for his and we had 16 of us in it and we couldn't move an inch...It was very uncomfortable and there was no way we could of fit another 4 more people in there.I ended up going with a 26 passenger bus for 14 of us and there is no way we cold comfortably fit more then that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards