New Jersey - South

LBI- The Seashell

Hello, I'm new here. I'm seriously considering booking my wedding at the Seashell in LBI. Has anyone booked their wedding there or have any comments/suggestions around the LBI area? Thanks! Diana

Re: LBI- The Seashell

• edited December 2011
    Just something to consider...As  someone who grew up at "the shore", please consider your guests who have to travel when planning your wedding.  A summer wedding at the beach sounds really cool, but everyone may be stuck in traffic getting there, and have to pay a premium rate for hotels.  Maybe you can have it in an off-season, or a Friday?
  • coreybride127coreybride127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, just keep your guests in mind. I attended a wedding in Cape May, NJ this summer. I couldn't afford to to stay at a hotel (2 night minimum, like 500) and I live an hour from the shore. The Wedding was at 11 am. I literally got up at  7 am on a Saturday to get ready, we left at 8 am. we were stuck in traffic and missed the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corybride127 - Where was the reception you were at in Cape May? I'm having an early reception in May 2010. And... how was it??  just curious Pixel20 - I ended up renting a house for my family (large).  It ended up being cheaper and you get a whole house.
  • l.simpsonl.simpson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work at the Shell- they do an amazing job on the weddings!  I really wanted to have my wedding there, but my husband and I decided to choose a place that was neutral to us (being from 2 different shore locations) so that we could make our own memories, if that makes sense.   They don't do wedding during their high peak summer time, so you should be fine.  Plus, they are a hotel as well, so I *think* you might even be able to get around minimum night stays, depending upon the time of year.  Good luck, they do an incredible job!
  • michelleb67michelleb67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wanted to get married at the Shell 3 years ago but to expensive it was 160.00 a person I was so disappointed wanted it there so bad. The food is good and people are pleasant. I have been going to the Shell for years. Day trips to the shore take me all the way to the Shell. I do not think you will be disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards