New Jersey - South

BM's Gifts?

I know I still have a lot of time for this but I was just in a wedding last weekend and the gift we received was jewelry. That's fine, that's what she wanted to give us but FI and I decided we don't want to give anything that has do with our wedding day to benefit us (if that makes sense). We would rather make it more personal for each of them. I wanted to get them gift cards for something along the lines of Spafinder for them to pamper themselves and unwind after the wedding for nails, hair, whatever they decide. The only thing is the cheapest amount Spafind has is $50 for each gift certificate. I was looking to spend more around $35 a gift card and get them additional small things on top of that. Does anyone know where I can get something like this?

Re: BM's Gifts?

• nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just do a Visa gift card and you can do it for any amount.  I did the typical jewelry, pashmina thing but it's something they would have had to buy anyway so I figured I'd get it for them.  I planned on doing something more personal but it went out the window :)  I am getting my sister who is the MOH a spa GC and we are getting the BM hockey tickets
  • edited December 2011
    I also bought my girls make up bags and sunglasses to take pics- both went over huge- they loved their sunglasses and were great for pics!
  • zanyjaymezanyjayme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to keep it personal you could do a gift card at a specific place they like. Like if someone likes Starbucks or a certain clothing store or restaurant. That way each gift is different and personal. I got those decorative boxes at Home Goods and filled them with little things that pertained to each girl. GL
  • edited December 2011
    You could also buy GCs from a specific spa. I was going to do this, but then changed my mind. I had BMs in NY, DC, NJ and PA. I researched the best spas in each area and most had the option to buy GCs from their websites and have it shipped to you. It's worth looking into... GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I could do a Visa card but I guess I wanted to keep it geared towards the Spafinder thing. I was thinking of doing a specific spa but I have the same problem. My bridal party is all over NJ, 2 in North 2 in Central and 3 in South. I like the box idea and including all different personal things. The makeup bags and different gift cards are good ideas also! Thanks for all of the suggestions :)
  • edited December 2011
    I was just on Red Envelope today and they have some really cute personalized stuff at all different price points.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving my girls jewelry, a photo album, comfy slippers for dancing, stationary with their initials, and a "joke" personal gift that reflects a funny event or an inside joke between us.  I'm writing a poem to explain each gift and I am thinking I might put them all in a personalized stocking for each girl since it will be the Christmas season.I agree that a Visa gc is a good way to go-you don't have to worry about proximity of spas to your bms and not everyone is a spa person and they may rather put the money towards a new sweater or gas.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • JeffDawn09JeffDawn09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salon Wish is also a great site.. and they start @ $25.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering getting my BMs the following gift:http://www.msandmrs.com/bridesmaid.php
  • edited December 2011
    I got the girls coach wristlest (which were a steal that th outlet), some initial stationary from Micheals which was really cheap, and I am going to get them their earrings. I did not want to get them thinkgs just for the wedding because i thought that did not really serve as a gift..but more like a you don't have to buy this item but not to offend anyone cause I def see the thought in doing that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards