New Jersey - South
Options

Yay for Save the Dates

I was so excited I had to share I just recieved my STD's from Vistaprint.. ahh they are sooo cute! Now it actually makes me feel like I am acutally getting married, it hasn't really hit me until today. yay!!!

Re: Yay for Save the Dates

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I'm glad you got your "aha" moment.  I'm sure the rest of your planning process and events will have much more meaning to them now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yaay! Doesn't it feel great after doing some wedding planning and not feeling like it's real and then all of a sudden it hits you? :-) Congrats on the check!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys! now i look at my list of more DIY and im like i have to get a move on lol
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Shaki:  I'm going to order mine from 123print.com.  When is your wedding?  When are you going to send them out?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is august 28 2010. im probably going to send them out mid or end of this month .. and send my invites out in feb//march.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Shaki:  You may be planning to send your STDs and invites too early.  TK has the following guideline for STDs:

Q. When do you send them?
    As a general rule, it's best to start spreading the news at around six months prior to the ceremony (eight months for a faraway destination). This gives wedding guests plenty of time to book their travel, save a bit of cash, and ask for days off from work. Any earlier, and they may toss the notice aside. Any later, and it might as well be an invitation.

And here are some invitation guidelines:

• Order:

Three to four months before the wedding date. The sooner you order them, the more time you'll have to proof them, make any changes, and address the outer envelopes (a calligrapher, for example, requires up to two weeks to address 100 invitations).
    • Send:

Six weeks before the date is the most common; eight weeks is ideal (10 weeks for guests coming from abroad). You have more leeway if you send save-the-date cards first.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but just wanted to show the guidelines.  Good luck with everything! 

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards