New Jersey - South

Thoughts and prayers

My sister went into preterm labor yesterday.....they are trying to keep her pregnant for as long as possible (she's 33 weeks).  She's in the hospital until next Wed so her and the baby can be monitored.We went from hoping she'd go early so she could be at the wedding and I could be with her too hoping the baby stays put a little longer

Re: Thoughts and prayers

• edited December 2011
    well my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. hope everything goes well keep us posted
  • edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this time. Try to stay positive.
  • edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear this is happening to you! But she is in good hands being at the hospital and you can safely deliver a healthy baby at 34 weeks.  Of course every day they can get her closer to the end will be the best for the baby but these days babies survive fine at 28weeks! Let us know how it goes and my prayers are with you and your family.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sending Knottie thoughts and prayers your way!  I hope all turns out well for you and your family!
  • edited December 2011
    Praying for mommy and baby.
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, Her water broke last night so it looks like the baby doesn't wanna wait.  Waiting at the hospital now
  • iheartbillydiheartbillyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read this. I hope everything goes fine. I'm sure it will. Today's medicine is very advanced. You're in my prayers.
  • kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a story to make you feel much better about this...Fiance's cousin went into labor at about 6 months.  Madeline was born at barely 2 pounds.  They pumped her full of steroids before they took the baby out to strengthen her lungs.  Guess what?  She's 5 months old now and amazing.  She is 8 pounds and adorable.  No lung problems, no developmental delays yet (fingers crossed), etc.  It will work out.  Good luck and stay positive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  A friend of mine went into labor 3 months early.  She was due in August and had the baby in May.  When the miracle baby was born she was only 1.7 lbs, but now 6 months later, she is happy, healthy and over 7 lbs.  With modern medicine they are able to do things that before we thought were impossible.  Stay positive and I am sure everything will work out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards