New Jersey - South

melissa chinichi

i dont usually post on the S. J. board but i wanted to warn you all about melissa.  we arranged to meet w/ her last nite at a starbucks in CH (i drove 30 mins and my FI drove 45 + 30 mins) at 7.  we were there from 640 to 720 and she never showed.  we did not have her # nor was it listed on her website.  she didn't even write me an email after the fact to apologize.  unprofessional.

Re: melissa chinichi

• edited December 2011
    Sorry this happened.  A lot of women on here used her and loved her work.  I had a strange email exchange with her and decided to go with someone else.  Her work looks great, but I think her professionalism leaves much to be desired.
  • mhobbs919mhobbs919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats crazy! we met her (prob at the same starbucks) and she was there before we were! we email constantly and i never have a problem with her or getting in touch with her - maybe something came up, i know she has kids, or maybe there was a miscommunication (can you tell i try to be too optimistic, if i was in your position id be so pissed) -- if you like her work, maybe you should try to email her and see if you get a response, tell her about how put out you were traveling to meet w/her and maybe she'll give you guys a break on costs, it can't hurt. shes a great person and it doesn't sound like her at all!! i hope no matter what decision you make, it all works out!
  • edited December 2011
    That is very unlike her. We used her for our wedding in August and didn't have problems. I am sorry you had to drive and have nothing come of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had basically the same experience only without the traveling.  My girlfriend booked her for her own wedding (a few weeks after ours) and gave me her name.  I emailed Melissa; we set a tentative time to meet and she was going to call back with a place; I called to confirm and she never got back to me.  Like, ever.  Not even to be like: sorry, XYZ came up and I couldn't make that time; how about next week, or anything. 

We went Onada photography and couldn't have been more pleased with Bola as a person on the day of the wedding.  (we're still waiting on the photos, but judging from her site, she's sure to have great ones.)

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards