New Jersey - South
Options

Wedding bands

I am starting to look at wedding bands...and am a bit disappointed with the selection we have seen so far. We are using our venues vendor list...and it seems to be geared towards the 'no-limits' wedding planner...not budget cutting bride.Has anyone booked a band yet and who did you use? Also, if you wouldn't mind letting me know how much you spent/plan on spending on the band it would be much appreciated. I just don't know if these bands are trying to swindle me or are actual prices for the area.Thanks for the help!

Re: Wedding bands

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with a very affordable DJ which includes a pianist for the ceremony and cocktail hour, so I can't help you.
  • Options
    dianalaurendianalauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used EBE's London at our wedding-they were awesome and kept the dance floor going all night.  I'm not really comfortable telling you what I spent, but call Justin at EBE-tell him Diana sent you.  EBE has awesome bands at great price points.
  • Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Ariel Entertainment and paid just about $9K
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara,
    If your wedding is on a Saturday normal ball park for a live band including sound is about $7500 including sound.  If your date is on a Friday or Sunday it is usually discounted.
  • Options
    sbf2sbf2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the input. I called 15 bands this week...and after a lot of juggling and trying to keep their names straight....I have found 3 great bands in my price range of $3,000. Most of them were around $7,000, but since I am getting married on a Sunday, so I don't have as much competition for the date and I get huge discounts.

If anyone else needs help with this, I have all my research available with pricing/band size etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Average price point is about 8-10 grand for a band in this area on a saturday night.  We booked Philly Funk for our wedding last year and there price was in the ballpark.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OP, which bands did you find are around $3000 for a Sunday?
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The band we're using Soul Revival is very affordable, and we can't wait to have them at our wedding.  We saw them at a showcase and fell in love immediately, they have great singers, and just a nice vibe and energy.   www.soulrevivalband.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards