New Jersey - South

Outdoor Venue in Southern NJ for Pig Roast / Clam Bake??

Hi There!

I'm recently new to The Knot having just got engaged a few weeks ago. Despite that, my fiance and I are on a roll with plans and pretty much have a set idea of what we'd like to plan next year.

Sorry if you're reading this post twice, I also put it up in the Northern Jersey section because we're flexible to location within the state.

We have a wedding date set for 9/24 in NH, small ceremony and reception (45 people), but then we'd like to have a larger party (150-180 people) here in NJ a week later (10/1).

I'm having trouble finding a venue that can accommodate what we envision, and I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out :)

We'd like to keep it SUPER casual and do a clam bake and/or pig roast type of deal. No photographer, no DJ, no flowers, no cake, no wedding dress, just food, booze, friends, and fun. We'll probably hire a steel drum band for an hour or two, then switch over to an ipod.

Anyways, every space we look at (gardens, parks, B&Bs, wineries, breweries) seems to already either 1) have a set caterer who cannot accommodate our food options 2) doesn't allow open alcohol 3) only has set wedding packages or 4) can't accommodate such a large group.

I would reaaaally appreciate your help if you have even a hint of an idea for me!

All the best,
~Margot~

Re: Outdoor Venue in Southern NJ for Pig Roast / Clam Bake??

• edited December 2011

What about renting a house for a weekend & then having it catered there.  I know that Pappy's right out of OC does this

Cecelia 03/02/11
  • edited December 2011
    Try Valenzano Winery in Shamong.  They have outdoor space, covered patio, use outside caterers (not sure if the options are limited or not) and you can hire bartenders and serve liquor.  You would have to do a lot of the legwork yourself, but it's worth a call.
  • edited December 2011
    I know you mentioned you've looked at a lot of parks, so maybe you've tried this one - Mercer County Park has an awesome tent area next to the boathouse on the lake.  I'm not sure if they would allow a pig roast....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards