New Jersey - South

Cheap Venue in SJ??

I have a very limited budget. My fiance and I are paying for our own wedding and we only make a combined $30,000 a year so I'm making most of the decorations and bouquets and what not. The wedding date is 11/01/14. I want a venue that can hold between 150 and 175 people, preferably one where they have an area to hold the ceremony as well. My family is big on liquor so open bar is a must (not just wine and beer) which really takes the price up a few notches. I'm looking for somewhere nice and roomy that is affordable in the south jersey area. We've been considering a cocktail style reception but I still want it to be nice. I'm looking to spend no more than $50 a person. $30 or $40 would be better though. I don't want to rent a hall and bring a caterer in. I want a venue where they make their own food on site. Any ideas?

Re: Cheap Venue in SJ??

• Check into Maggianos in Cherry Hill.  I know that they have an option for family style service, but not sure of the price.
  • You could try Auletto's in Deptford - we ended up paying closer to $100 a person for a Sunday evening buffet in May, but they're probably cheaper in the off season, and maybe if you did something during the day as well. Also, their prices include ceremony space, day-of-coordinator, open bar, fresh flower centerpieces, and a cake from Termini's, so you don't have to worry about any of those costs.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I reccomend Bogey's Ballroom, at the Pitman Country Club.  They have a ceremony location and a reception location.  The thing that we liked about them was that we told them what our budget was, and they worked out a menu we were happy with in that price range.  We are having an open bar, station dinner and butlered apps all within what your budget is.  The menu is amazing, and so is the food.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cheap-venue-in-sj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:1d75f15e-5023-485c-81bb-53de90cd686dPost:e6dca0b9-1af9-4c4f-8571-d5f7aed5572d">Re: Cheap Venue in SJ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check into Maggianos in Cherry Hill.  I know that they have an option for family style service, but not sure of the price.
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

Maggiano's in Cherry Hill has lunch menus for $26 and dinner menus starting at $41 per person which is amazing.  Lunch must be served prior to 1 PM though so it's really like brunch. :-)

They do have a spending limit of $1800 though and no venue fee.

Definitely check it out! I'm having something really small (under 50 people) and they have been really easy to work with!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cheap-venue-in-sj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:1d75f15e-5023-485c-81bb-53de90cd686dPost:ed46a00d-27ce-44a1-9037-c20ca43995d1">Re: Cheap Venue in SJ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cheap Venue in SJ?? : Maggiano's in Cherry Hill has lunch menus for $26 and dinner menus starting at $41 per person which is amazing.  Lunch must be served prior to 1 PM though so it's really like brunch. :-) They do have a spending limit of $1800 though and no venue fee. Definitely check it out! I'm having something really small (under 50 people) and they have been really easy to work with!
    Posted by Ziongirl77[/QUOTE]

And they do allow you to have the ceremony onsite.  But it would have to be inthe same room with the people sitting at the tables.  No chapel or separate room space.  For 150-175, you would need to rent the entire ballroom space so the spending limit might be significantly higher than mine!
  • Try Lakeside manor in Gibbsboro and Vittarelli's catering. I am also on a budget they seem to have the lowest prices that I have found. If you meet with some caterers they can also customize a package to fit your budget. We are trying to do that with Antony and Cleopatras right now.
    Mr&Mrs 6-6-14
  • I would try Brigalia's Villa Manor in South Jersey or try Georgines in eastern PA. I know Georgines was all inclusive for like $60 and that did include centerpieces and a DJ too
  • If you're still looking, try Masso's Catering. I think they have a few different facilities/locations. I haven't worked with them but know a couple of people who have had weddings there, and supposedly they are fairly priced and may be able to work with you. Good luck! Here is their website: http://www.massoscatering.com/
  • I know you probably have already picked a venue but just incase you haven't, my finace and I are actually choosing between Masso's and Bogey's as we speak! Both are incredibly reasonable price-wise, and are beautiful locations. Bogey's let us taste their food already, and my-oh-my it was fantastic. If you have already chosen, may I ask where you are having it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards