New Jersey - South
Options

Merion Tasting - this Wednesday

I have my food tasting this Wednesday, any advice or tips on things we must try?  I'm super thrilled!! 

Anyone else going on Wednesday?

Re: Merion Tasting - this Wednesday

• Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the athenian chicken was AWESOME as was the filet with crab meat and the sea bass was good too! People raved about the food

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Chicken Oscar!!! It was AMAZING! The Champagne Chicken (which is what I was most looking forward to) was a tiny bit of a let down... too much spinach and the honey beurre blanc was a bit too sweet. We knew we were going with the Chateaubriand so we only tasted that for the meat and did three chickens... the balsamic chicken tasted good but didn't look as nice on the plate. The salmon was cooked perfectly!

One word of advice - these are FULL PORTIONS of all the choices so don't eat beforehand and be prepared to take home leftovers!
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That's good to know.  We're doing our tasting on December 16... I think we may ask for a vegetarian option for my FMIL. 

I think for fish we want to try tilapia and sea bass, for meat the filet and chateaubriand... and then we need to decide on chicken.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    How was the tasting???? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

tasting was awesome!!

I don't eat seafood, so they wrapped up my fish and gave it to my fam. We also saw other people taking home tons of 2-go boxes, so don't feel as if you need to eat everything on your plate (although it's delicious)
    Each person gets 1 plate of chicken, 1 plate of Seafood, 1 plate of Beef with both options. You also get a salad (their choice) and 2 plates of apps are shared on the table (1 hot, 1 cold).  You get a tiny little dessert (chocolate mousse) and coffee.
     So yes there is a tooonnn of food.

The food is soooo good. 
    The Filet Mignon was amazing, it was cooked perfectly and didn't need any of the sauces they have (although the sauces were good)

I loved the chicken options I chose; Gardinier Chicken and Athenian.. SOOOO delicious.  The orzo that the Athenian Chicken was served on was amazing.  and the Gardinier was stuff with a spinach+borsin cheese mixture that was ridiculously tasty.

I hear the Chicken Oscar is popular, but I don't do Crab! So that's a no-go for me.

Do you drink wine? If so make sure you try the house red (It's from Italy, a mix of Cabernet and Merlot)  and it's amazing, sooo easy to drink and delicious! 
    We got to tour our ballrooms (some of party didn't see them initially)..

I had about 5 glasses of wine . hehehe..
    my FFIL drank bloody mary's and everyone else had red or white wine.

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I am super excited!  We are trying the Chicken Florentine and Chicken Gardenier (we want to stay away from shellfish -I'm allergic), Filet Mignon and Prime Rib, and Chilean Sea Bass and Tilapia Oreganato. 

FI's mom is a pescatarian - she only eats fish, or vegetarian, so I am going to ask if they can prepare 1 vegetarian dish to taste.  We have a lot of vegetarians, so hopefully they will let us do that.

It's nice they do salads and apps and desserts too, though it sounds unnecessary with all of that food!  Hearing about your tasting gets me so excited for ours! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards