New Jersey - South

The Stateroom LBI?????

Hi everyone! I just got engaged August 17 and have been researching possible venues. I have been going to LBI each summer since I was born and would love nothing more than to have my wedding there. I love the look of the stateroom and my FI and I are going to look at it next weekend. I was wondering what kind of experience others have had there, ratings on the food, friendliness and helpfullness of people that work there, pricing, any hidden fees or things not included etc. Any information at all would be appreciated. Thanks Laughing 

P.S Other possible venue is the sunset ballroom in point pleasant. 

Re: The Stateroom LBI?????

• I am not familiar with the Stateroom, but I would also like to recommend Clarks Landing in Pt. Pleasant as somewhere to visit as well.  My wedding was there 2 weeks ago, and I can not speak more highly of the venue, the food, the staff and the overall experience.  Everyone has been raving about our wedding, and a lot of that goes to the crew over at Clarks Landing.  Definitely check it out!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • I just got engaged also and we went to go look at the stateroom...we are planning on having at least 200 guests and i was nervouse the room was too small?  what did you think?  I loved clarks landing but its way more expensive and they have no saturdays at all next year.  Good luck
  • When I went to the state room was setup for a wedding of 175 people and they fit very comfortably with ample room at each table. I think the room itself is the perfect size but the dance floor left me with some concerns. I also toured Clark's landing and fell in love until I found out they require a 150 minimum for a Friday wedding and I am about 10 people under the minimum plus the Friday I want was booked. I am 95% sure I will be booking the stateroom this Sunday as long as I don't fall in love with the place I am looking at tomorrow.
  • Where are you looking tomorrow?
  • I looked a the crystal point yacht club. it was ok. i wasnt thrilled with the location and the fact that more than one wedding goes on at a time. Definitely not even considering it as a possibility. 
  • Yeah, they're owned by the same people as Clarks and you can tell Clarks got all the love when they did the renovation a few years ago.  I looked at Crystal Point also and felt the exact same way about the decor and the fact they do 3 events at a time.  My parents went to a wedding there a few years ago and were in the wrong person's cocktail hour for about 20 minutes before they realized they were at the wrong wedding!
  • I booked our wedding for this coming April, we have our tasting in a few weeks.  Nicole has been very helpful and friendly so far.  The cost is reasonable in comparison to everything around. 
  • I am having my wedding there in October 2013 with approx 200 guests.  We have been told by numerous people that it is plenty of room.  We are so happy with out choice of venue and Nicole has definitely been a huge help!  I highly recommend Stateroom, LBI!
  • I looked at the Stateroom a few months ago... our guest list is about 250 people - we definitely would not fit in the room. When we went the tables were set up for 175 people but the dance floor is SMALL and the bar is in the middle of the dance floor so anyone who is waiting for a drink takes up more room on the small dance floor.  I'm just picturing someone waiting for a drink and being bumped by one of my drunk friends! :) I think there is enough table room for 175 guests maximum but couldnt imagine being in that room with 75 people dancing... maybe 40 will fit on that floor unless you cant move. The view of the highway also isnt the nicest.
    The cocktail hour room is gorgeous! Perfect beach setting and really gets the wow factor when you walk in. If you have your ceremony on site its also small but why get married there when you have a beach down the road?!

The girl we spoke with was nice - prices are very reasonable too! Good luck!

• I was just in a wedding at the stateroom a few weeks ago and I must say that for the price, I was not impressed. The cocktail hour was great but the dinner food was awful. The room is a decent size but the dance floor is so small and the bar guests take up half of it. Nicole was super attentive but the rest of the staff, not so much. The ceremony was there as well since it rained so we got there early to take pictures. No one greeted at the door and the floors were soaking wet, puddles all over them and the downstairs cocktail room smelled musty. There's plenty of other places in the same price range that are much nicer.
  • I know I posted this thread a few months back, but thought i'd give an update. We finally chose a venue and while the stateroom was gorgeous downstairs we were really not impressed by the upstairs. My fiance and I chose The Breakers on the Ocean in Spring Lake. We mostly fell in love with it being ocean front and the fact they have cocktail hour out on the porch overlooking the ocean. It was perfect and from what I hear from others who have attended weddings and dinners there, the food is fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards