New Jersey - South

Ceremony Location near Toms River, NJ

We are having our reception at the Versailles Ballroom in Toms River, however I wasn't impressed with the ceremony space they use and I was hoping I might be able to get some more suggestions from you guys.  We're estimating 200 guests.

Our date is 8/18/12, so I'm terrified it's going to be really hot out, so I'd like to do something indoors.  I'm also pretty sure the beach is going to be mobbed, so I'd like to avoid that area if possible.  I've looked into the Allaire Chapel (too small) Georgian Court (we're not alums) Bay Head Chapel (too expensiveCry), Catherdral of the Air (we're not military), and I have a call in to Ocean County College to see if we could do it at the planetarium maybe (we're both science people).  I also considered the Spring Lake Community House, but they won't reserve something until after they set their summer schedule which won't be for awhile so that's pretty much out.

I'd really like a cool historic building with a big foyer or living room with a fire place or something.  I'm all out of ideas.  Please help!

Thanks

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Location near Toms River, NJ

• foxxfire90foxxfire90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not so familiar with your area (even though I"m in NJ.....) but what about Kirkpatrick Chapel or Voorhees Chapel, both part of Rutgers?

Celia Milton
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for your suggestions, but Rutgers would be too far.  I think we might just suck it up and pay the extra money for the bay head chapel and be done with it.  I can't come up with anything else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! Congrats on your wedding! How was the Versailles? I just went there this weekend and me and my fiancé liked it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards