New Jersey - South

? ceremony only venue?

I am having an intimate wedding, around 50 to 60 guests.  I'm not at all interested a traditional wedding, no church ceremony (neither of us have attended in a very long time), no all inclusive banquet hall, or country club.  We really like the idea of having our reception at a nice restaurant, and we have a few options in mind for that, however, I'm at a total loss as to where to exchange vows.  I am also not sure about an outdoor ceremony (unless tented), for weather purposes.  I would go crazy worrying about rain.  I can't think of anywhere else to check out that would work for just the ceremony!  

Re: ? ceremony only venue?

• coraloccoraloc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Castle Caterers in Delran is popular for ceremonies.  There's a small room that you could use or there's an arch outside in the back that many couples like to stand under.

Good luck in your search :)
  • edited December 2011
    Are you looking at a particular area?

FI and I really liked the Chelsea in Atlantic City. I forget which floor it is, but they have an open space with a fireplace that would be a nice size for 50-60 guests. Right next to that space is a beautiful restaurant with a view of the ocean.

Unfortunately, the place can only hold 125 max, and our guestlist exploded to 200, so we moved on.

Not knowing the area you're looking at, it's hard to really pin point specific places.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rmyers9983rmyers9983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you are around the area, but Adelphia's restaurant can hold that many.  They also have some outdoor fixtures which could be used for ceremony use.  Hope this helps. 
  • edited December 2011
    Of course I left out the most important information!!  We live in Mount Ephraim, and would like to stay in the Camden County area to accomodate a few very important elderly guests (we're also hoping for a venue without stairs, or with elevators for the same reason). 

agilanyi - I would have loved to look more into the Chelsea, if it weren't for the special needs guests.  I tried so hard to figure out how to get everyone down the shore comfortably and happily, but it just wont work :(

rmyers9983 -  I went to a reception at Adelphia's once probably 7 years ago, haven't they done renovations since then?

Thank you both for your help, I'm so sorry I left out the location information, I'm so overwhelmed by all of this!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards