New Jersey - South

honeymoon locations

Hi ladies, FI and I are looking into honeymoon locations and I wanted to see if anyone has been to any of the places.

Our original idea was St. Lucia or Antigua.  We do not have a specific resort picked out - so any info would be great.

Then the travel agent got us looking to Costa Rica - more specifically the occidental grand papagayo

If you have been to one of these places, do you have any thoughts (good or bad) TIA!
Photobucket

Re: honeymoon locations

• teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive never been to any of them but Ive heard that costa rica is wonderful! Sorry im not much of a help :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to CR, but not the area you mentioned. However, it was a beautiful country, knowing very little Spanish was fine and the people were super friendly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to St. Lucia for ours, through Sandals and I've heard great things. We were looking into Costa Rica as well but are getting married in October and apparently thats a rainy month there but it looked beautiful. Good luck!
    "Came but for friendship and took away love" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My brother had a destination wedding in St. Lucia --- I think it was Sandals Regency (there are two, maybe even three on the island). 

It was nice, a little bit older then some all inclusives, but clean and beautiful!  Not a huge nightlife, short beach (most people hang by the pool), all the regular catamaran and all that kind of stuff to do.  It was fairly affordable as well, but not the most upscale.

We looked into doing Costa Rica, but it is expensive!  We were looking at an adventure honeymoon though (ziplining, quad riding, rafting) though... but my best friend went this year and RAVED about CR!

• shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! We are leaning toward CR which is actually cheaper than St. Lucia's for what we our travel agent gave us.  Then save for a few years and go to St. Lucia for a shorter trip.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to the sandals in Antigua and it was very relaxing and beautiful! Their spa is great! My best friend also went their on her honeymoon and had a great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards