New Jersey - South

Is something wrong with the Merion Chapel?

I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere! I've seen a few mentions of people covering up parts of it with curtains, too. Can someone tell me what it looks like?

Re: Is something wrong with the Merion Chapel?

• edited December 2011

I got married at The Merion earlier this year and I made the FB album public from the initial pics I took on all my visits. There are one or two pics of the Chapel in it but if you want some from the wedding day as well, let me know! Just an FYI, I never did end up covering the strained glass with curtains and it looked totally fine in the pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.420077153034.209402.515978034&type=1

• jayme707jayme707 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married there a year ago... I think the chapel is actually nice and super convenient if you don't want an outdoor wedding but still want to have everything at one location.  I will say however that it's a little small and the stained glass is a little bright (and distracting maybe?) which I think is why people try to cover it.  I opted not to cover it just because I felt like there were more important things to worry about and it was totally fine :)
  • edited December 2011
    I saw it over the weekend. The ceiling is low, and the room is a bit small. It feels a bit like a cruise ship chapel. But overall is an OK room. It's just that, compared to the rest of the place, it is very modest. And maybe people cover the stained glass because it clashes with their colors? It's a really nice room, though. 
  • nacooper25nacooper25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing wrong with that chapel is that the ceiling is low and the seating arrangement is not practical. They have one side that has short rows and the other side is a long row of seats. It's a little weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards