New Jersey - South
Options

Ring on the beach?

Hi Ladies, 

Since I got engaged in September I didn't really go to the beach but now that the summer is here I want to know your thougths about wearing your engagment ring to the beach or pool? I rarely take my ring off so I don't know what to do. 

Re: Ring on the beach?

• Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I leave mine on all the time. I got engaged last april in PuntaCana so I left it on on the beach the rest of our vacation. The only time I ever take it off really is when I get it cleaned/inspected.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ironically I just spoke to our jewler about this yesterday because we were getting our rings inspected. He said that any type of water whether it be beach or chlorine or even shower water will wear down the metals and discolor the ring (as has started happening to mine which is white gold.) I have to get mine replated with rhodium now because I have always worn it but I'm going to stop wearing it in water due to what he told us.
  • Options
    shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in and around pools almost every day (swim coach) and I always take it off before I head out to the pool. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    CEOwifeCEOwife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never wear mine to the ocean in fear of loosing an unreplacable thing. I would rather not wear it for a few hours than never wear it again :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards