New Jersey - South

Frustrated! Please help....

We are a recently engaged couple who just moved to the Atlantic City area of NJ. We are trying to plan a nice wedding without breaking the bank. So far all of the places we have liked( as far as quality of food,ambiance,service,etc) are all over $100 pp and that's not even adding taxes or gratuity. I know a lot of the posts say to have friends do this or that, but we just moved here so that isn't really an option. Does anyone know of a nice venue anywhere in NJ for under $100pp? And also any unique ways to cut costs, not quality without having to have friends or family do stuff? Thanks
Chrissy and Scott 2011

Re: Frustrated! Please help....

• cmcraigecmcraige member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Smithville Inn. We're getting married there in April 2012, and it's going to be about 85 pp before taxes/gratuity, including 4 hour open bar and the wedding cake.

For ways to cut costs, try doing the wedding on a Friday/Sunday or in the winter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I would also try looking at local fire halls.  Some of them are gorgeous on the inside but may not be much to look at on the outside.  Is there anyone at your or FI's jobs that you could ask for suggestions? 

If you happen to know someone who is a member at any of the local golf courses, like Blue Heron Pines, you could get discounted prices if you book via the member.

I attended Stockton and there was a great resaurant in Galloway called Gourtmet.  The place was pretty big, so depending on how many guests you have, this may work.  Most restaurants can work out something for you.  It may not be a typical reception, but it could be a cheaper option for you.

Also if you know an alumni from Stockton, the Seaview golf resorts offers a discount.  And the college itself has many beautiful gathering spaces.  You could try contacting them to see if they hold weddings on campus.  The main buildings on Saturday and Sunday are unoccupied for the most part. 
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_frustrated-please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:645052a3-e8d6-464b-9e83-4e991451e61cPost:ca3e59e2-7bb0-4ca9-aae3-a1d7417dbf09">Re: Frustrated! Please help....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also try looking at local fire halls.  Some of them are gorgeous on the inside but may not be much to look at on the outside.  Is there anyone at your or FI's jobs that you could ask for suggestions?  If you happen to know someone who is a member at any of the local golf courses, like Blue Heron Pines, you could get discounted prices if you book via the member. I attended Stockton and there was a great resaurant in Galloway called Gourtmet.  The place was pretty big, so depending on how many guests you have, this may work.  Most restaurants can work out something for you.  It may not be a typical reception, but it could be a cheaper option for you. Also if you know an alumni from Stockton, the Seaview golf resorts offers a discount.  And the college itself has many beautiful gathering spaces.  You could try contacting them to see if they hold weddings on campus.  The main buildings on Saturday and Sunday are unoccupied for the most part. 
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

Gourtmet is very expensive. They do all their weddings at the Carriage House which is over $100 a plate. Seaview told me that they do not offer a discount for their allumni on weddings, only on hotel rooms!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Renault Winery. I am having my reception there this coming January and I am around $65 oer oerson and it is beautiful there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mia2700Mia2700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venice Plaza in Berlin has options for $75 pp and it's becautiful there.

• edited December 2011
    i would check out renault winery- i've heard you can get a decent deal there and its really pretty- they even have a nice hotel right there for any out of town guests.
      i would also look in Summit catering. they're based out of berlin- but have rooms they work in all over. I THINK they work out of Valenzano winery, on rt. 206- which wouldn't be too far away for you :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Im not sure how far youre willing to travel, but brigalia's in sicklerville is where im getting married and were paying 87 pp before taxes.....and thats for the most expensive option. if youre willing to cut out some of the  cocktail hour or get married on a friday.....it dips down into the 70's pp and its very beautiful! Its a new venue and I think the family run business maybe wasnt sure how much venues in the area were charging, bc theyre venue is just as beautiful (if not more so) and theyre way less money! PS food is fantastic!
  • Laurie109Laurie109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Linwood Country Club or AC Country Club. Both were very reasonable and beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nacooper25nacooper25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know AC is expensive. I heard the Borgata is $160pp and up. You might want to try something outside AC or try to have your wedding between 12pm and 4pm. It's much cheaper. I'm having my entire wedding at the Trump National Philadelphia in Pine Hill, NJ from 12-4pm for around $85pp. They have great views, beautiful space, Sharon is a great wedding coordinator, and the food too. It's off exit 8 on the 42 freeway which is about 40 minutes away from AC. Check it out...Hope this helps!
    http://www.trumpnationalphiladelphia.com/
    If you go there tell her Natalie whose wedding is on September 15 2012 sent you! :)
  • kellyrose6kellyrose6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renault is beautiful and reasonable... Antony and Cleopatra's in Williamstown is also very pretty and really inexpensive... between $60-75...
  • krizzo17krizzo17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married on a Sunday at Aulettos in Almonesson for $110pp including appetizers, buffet dinner, wedding cake, all table centerpieces (fresh flowers), taxes, tips, and 5 hour open bar (If you take away the bar you can subtract $14pp). Plus they let you have your ceremony there free. I was super against a Sunday date to save money, but then I found out a Sunday of a holiday weekend (no work Monday) is the same price as any other Sunday.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards