New Jersey - South
Options

HELP!!!

Ok.. here we go! I love TK because you guys really do help me out A LOT!!!!!!!!! Ok so my best friend was one of my bridesmaids back out of my wedding. My wedding is not until October and I am glad she did it now and not a month before the wedding. But now my FI doesn't want to ask one of the guys to not be in the wedding and I am in a jam. My FI wants his brothers girlfriend to be in the wedding. I love his brother and his girlfriend but I really don't know if I want her in the wedding because what if they break it off or something happens to where they are not together. Then she is in all my wedding pictures. Help I do not know what to do!!!!!!

Re: HELP!!!

• Options
    kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just double up.  I am having a bridesmaid walk with a jr. groomsmen and groomsman because we didnt want to add another girl for the Jr. Groomsman.  The bridesmaid is excited, thinks it is cute that she gets "2 guys." 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have thought of that.. and that seems to be the way it might be...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah like my best friend was my MOH she backed out a few weeks ago. Im not just going to throw someone in her spot that I dont want in my pictures so Im working around it...

Yeah doubling up will be fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like pp said, dont fill her spot.  You dont need to have even numbers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal parties do not need to be even!  We have 6 BMs and 8 GMs and would never have considered asking people just for the sake of making things even.  It's a lot of work to be a BM, and sometimes a lot of drama.  Definitely not something I would ask of someone I wasn't super close with!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SunRun11SunRun11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to echo the recommendations of just leaving your bridal party as-is.  I've been to quite a few weddings where the parties are uneven and it's so not a big deal.  Also, think about how someone would feel if you asked them to be a bridesmaid now...kinda like a second-string pick, no?  No offense meant by that, just a thought.
  • Options
    preciousa721preciousa721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitly leave it alone. We have 3 BMs and 4 GMs.  One of my girls is just going to walk with two guys.  Don't stress it.  It will look perfectly fine.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have 7 girls and 6 guys.  I'm just having my sister walk down by herself.  She likes it because its a little extra recognition and sets her apart as the MOH.  Like others said, best stick with the people who you know and love rather then add someone who your not close with. 
  • Options
    l.simpsonl.simpson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 8 bridesmaids and my husband had 6 groomsmen.  We had 2 people double up and it was fine- not to mention, it made for some very cute/funny announcements into the reception- they got very creative.  I would do that, rather than just asking someone to be in your wedding, almost as a "space filler".  You may regret that one day, looking back at your pictures...especially if that person is no longer in your life.
  • Options
    rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the advise.. I still do not know what I want to do..It is just so stressful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards