Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle Decorations

As much as I love my church, it's not a very "pretty" one.  The chairs are a deep red and the carpet is dark blue.  My colors are "plum" and "wisteria".  I know that red and blue make purple but really?!  I figured I could just use those white kissing balls but there is no where to really hang them on the chairs without using a pin.  I guess that's not such a bad thing, I just really want it to look nice and not chincy or completely mismatched, though clearly, it is. :(  Any suggestions???  Thanks, ladies!

Re: Aisle Decorations

• Options
    Maybe just stick to some floral altar arrangements. I've personally always found pew bows and such to be a bit unnecessary.
  • Options
    Once the church is filled with your loved ones, you won't be able to see any aisle decorations.  I skipped them and focused my spending on altar decorations because I expected people to watch the wedding ceremony.
  • Options
    Thank you so much!  I had tossed the idea of having nothing on the aisle but wasn't confident about it - thinking it would look plain - but now that you've both said this, this is exactly what I'm going to do.  :)  You rock!
  • Options

I actually did the opposite  I never notice altar arangements at weddings and truthfully they cost alot so I skipped them.  Howeve, I did make aisle decorations because I lve the way they look in thepictures of hte bride ad thewedding party walking down the aisle.  It really is a personal preference.  If you think your wedding colors will clash with the colors in the church then I would go with white because it matches everything.  I made my own kissing balls using sparkly white scrapbook paper, a flower punch out, and pearl had pins in half stryofoam balls.

I do agree that once all your family and friends are in the church you won't notice the carpet or color of the chairs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards