New Jersey - South
Options

Ceremony/Reception sites with outdoor facilities

Hi, ladies!

I frequent the North Jersey boards, because that is where I currently live, but I grew up in South Jersey. I am currently looking for venues for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception for May 1, 2011. I checked out Bradford Estates, and while my mother was thrilled with it, I wasn't blown away, and my father (who is contributing heavily to the budget) would like more options in South Jersey.

As I no longer live down there, I'm out of touch with a lot of the good places. We're looking for something in the below $90 pp, no more than 150 people.

TIA!

Re: Ceremony/Reception sites with outdoor facilities

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd look at Tomasello Winery......they have great packages starting at $45pp and a beautiful vineyard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Thomasello.  They will squeeze 150 into their reception room, but I wouldn't put more than 120 in there.  Just my opinion...

I think Smithville Inn was close to that price per person.

I'm getting married at the Mansion in Voorhees.  The price per person is a little more than what you're looking for, but it includes a full sit-down meal, cocktail hour, top shelf open bar and the wedding cake.  They have two outdoor gazaebo's to hold your ceremony, or an indoor atrium for backup (in case of inclement weather).  Also the price I got per person included tax and gratuity, so before tax and grat it would have been under $100.

When you're shopping around for a venue, keep taxes and gratuities (and other rental fees) in mind because it can make a huge difference.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Valenzano Winery in Shamong is opening a new banquet facility and should still have outdoor ceremony capability.  I am not sure of prices, but Auletto's Caterers in the Deptford area has an outdoor ceremony site right on a lake.  If you can stretch the budget a bit, the Camden County Boathouse at Cooper River is pretty cool too.  Also, the Castle in Delran has an outdoor ceremony site on the marina and I think they are owned by the same people as the Bradford Estate. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how south you want to go. We are also in north jersey now but grew up in south and all of our family is still there. When we were looking it made it tough so we went to a bunch of places over a few weekends. Places that had good packages were Brigalias in Sicklerville. They were in the process of building an outdoor spot. This was back in 08 so I would think it would be done by now. I would also check out summit catering's website. They work with a lot of venues and have packages that start around $70 pp. There is also The Hamilton Manor that is off of rt 130 they have an outdoor space, not sure how much it runs pp.
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to stay closer to where my mom now lives - Mt. Laurel. However, I'm willing to do towards Camden County, as well, because I grew up in Riverton. Anything down the shore ends up being too far away from my mom and FI's family (in Somerset/Franklin).

My mom found Summit Catering, but where exactly ARE they? Their information talks about all sorts of different venues, but I can't find locations. I'd most certainly be interested in a Moorestown one (went to school there), which they've mentioned, but it all depends on price!

Edit: In terms of price: I'm talking under $90 before tax and tip. However, I'd like to not go above $105 in the end.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When we met with Summit Catering they were located in Berlin. However you would not be having your reception at their facility. All those other locations you see are places they work with and where you can pick to have your reception. The prices you see on the website are how much it would be for each specific place pp. They will also help customize a package for you. I was confused at first also we ended up just meeting with them so they could explain everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try the Valleybrook Country club in blackwood as well.  I'm actually doing my ceremony there and my reception at Luciens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was MOH in a wedding done by summit and like demarcos said, they work with all different reception halls.  My friend decided to do her wedding at the location in Medford.  It was really nice, outdoors.  I'd say they are definitely worth meeting with.  She said they were very willing to work with her small budget. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So Summit is simply a caterer? I would still have to pay for the hall, or is that part of their fee?

You ladies have been so helpful! Thank you! (I totally miss SJ. Bought myself a baby blue and maroon Phils cap when I was down there yesterday, and I'm wearing it everywhere around North Jersey. I'm also ticking off my FI. ...Yanks fan.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes they are just a caterer but also include linens, DJ, etc. It depends on what place you pick. Majority of the places they work with the fee is included in the pp.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married last weekend at Valleybrook in Blackwood, and because of how gorgeous the weather was, we got married outside at the gazebo, and it was beautiful.  Our package included everything (including buffet, cocktail hour, open bar, table linens, centerpieces, and rose petals for the altar), and the original price was $75 per adult (with lower prices for different age ranges).  We actually got a lower price, though, because our wedding was off-season.  I thought they did an amazing job at our wedding, and I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Scotland Run Golf Club in Williamstown. They have an outdoor pavillion that is completely covered in case it rains... It is beautifully landscaped and have a pond/waterfall right next to the "altar". Simply gorgeous! Cocktail hour is outside on their balcony with tiki torches overlooking the golf course. Can't wait til September!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Smithville Inn in Smithville (Galloway) NJ. its about 10 mins from AC...it is perfect!! there are bars there and little craft shops for the guests to walk around while waiting and there are rooms throughout the town all in walking distance!! my ceremony will be outside in their garden with a lake in the background and the coctail hour will be outside as well. the reception is moved into a room right above where the ceremony was- its perfect for me- you should check it out, the prices when we booked i believe are $85 per person including an open bar and cake and 5 hr. reception!

www.Smithvilleinn.com

Good Luck! let me know what happens1

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked at the Pennsauken Country Club. They have an outdoor ceremony area plus a deck for cocktail hour that is covered by an awning. Our wedding coordinator is more than helpful. Definately suggest you give them a call!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, all!

I've been talking with Summit, and the Moorestown Community House has come up. When I lived down there, it was a gym and a pool and ... I've heard it had a $3M renovation recently. Has anyone been there since? I'm concerned about chlorine smell if the pool is still there, as well as what it really looks like (Summit sent me a package with their pictures, but it is their promotional material).

You've been so helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having an outdoor ceremony at Brigalia's in Sicklerville. They did a gorgeous renovation. It's phenomenal! Tina is so awsesome to work with and the prices are very reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Valleybrook Country Club last May and had a wonderful day.  The food was good and the outdoor ceremony was gorgeous.  The grounds made for beautiful pictures and the cocktail hour is outside on a private deck.  Also there is only one event per day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the end, we're going to go with a place up north. Logistics and pricing are working out better up where we live - go figure.

Thank you all for your recs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards