New Jersey - South

Mansion on Main Street

Hey Ladies! I am just starting to do my research into venues and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the Mansion on Main Street in Voorhees. I'm interested in knowing a ballpark figure of price per person and how flexible (or not) they are with their menus, as well as if you know of any off-peak type discounts... I requested info and Jim called me back within hours... only problem was that I wasn't home! So I'd like to be a little informed when I call him back.

Thanks much! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mansion on Main Street

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in June and I've heard that people got prices as low as the $80s pp. Their paperwork with the pricing has the price in the mid $140s, but we were able to book a cocktail hour + 5 hour reception for $120pp without any concessions. Keep in mind that they include all linens (table cloths, napkins, chair covers, and sashes) and will provide them in LOTS of different colors! They have a decent selection of food to choose from, but I'm sure they'd work with your tastes.

Good luck!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gina613gina613 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I was only able to get one package out of the Sales Director so far (the Silver) and it was about 80... didn't mention anything about linens though... but I am SO desperate for something affordable that they could leave the tables bare for all I care! Thanks again... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No problem-- I'd also try Lucien's :)
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gina613gina613 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again, and best wishes with your upcoming wedding! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bakersduzinbakersduzin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely visit Lucien's as well! I went to both Lucien's and The Mansion in January (my wedding is next April), and there was close to a $40 difference pp (Lucien's was cheaper). It also seemed like Lucien's offered more. One other thing that I wasn't so crazy about at The Mansion was the 60% of the total is due 6 months before the wedding date. Most other places I looked at didn't want 60% until about 3 months before.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Mansion is so much more elegant then Lucien's. I don't like where Lucien's is located.
    Just my opinion.
  • gina613gina613 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I will look into both! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had my ceremony/reception at The Mansion in February. They were wonderful!

When first going to the Mansion they will show you the more fancy packages with the fancier ticket price. Be up front. Tell them what price you are looking to pay per person. (always start lower!) Tell them what you absolutely want to have included. I ended up paying $90 per person INCLUDING tax and gratuity. This price had come down from $100 per person including tax and gratuity. And originally I was being offered only soup OR salad, but I said I wanted both. I was able to add in additional hot station during the cocktail hour for a discounted rate later on during the planning process. It never hurts to ask!

My wedding was on a Sunday and during the "off season", so that did give me some leverage. 

Good Luck!

Anniversary
  • gina613gina613 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, delia! I'm hearing lots of good things and I'm thrilled that they seem flexible so far... now I just need to schedule a visit! Thank you ladies, you've all been really helpful! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ay2unay2un member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, try the Wyndham  in Mt. Laurel. 
    146 Made the cutimage 32 are ready to party image 5 broke my heart, but saved me some moneyimage 109 are testing my patience image RSVP Date July 16th
  • Hey how much is Wyndham per person
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards