New Jersey - South
Options

Williamstown / Deptford area hotels?

Hi ladies,

Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with hotel blocks in the Williamstown / Deptford area?  We are getting married in September 2012 in Woodbury with the reception at Scotland Run.   We would like a hotel with a bar, and one that is centrally located so our guests don't have too far of a shuttle ride between the hotel and Scotland Run.  When I look at area hotel reviews online, I see lots of good and bad so any personal stories would help!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Williamstown / Deptford area hotels?

• Options
    kellyrose6kellyrose6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Williamstown and we are using the best western... it looks nice and they were great with blocking hotel rooms, great prices!  But, there is no bar...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @kellyrose6 I'm also getting married in the area we were looking at Best Western too - can you give me details about your room block? I couldn't meet with the owner and he hasn't returned my latest e-mail. Have they been easy to work with?
    August 2012 Challenge - Dream Pet: Miniature Goldendoodle
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i called them and set everything up over the phone...  I of course can not remember his name, but he was the manager... we set up a block for 10 rooms friday night and 25 saturday night, if we find that we need more, we can block more, but 25 is the max...

the room rates are for 2 queens $99, King $96, Suites with Kings or Queens $108 and bridal suite is $163 (this is the block rates, normally they are 119.99, 114.99, 129.99)  you have up to 5 days before to release rooms not needed and not have to pay

Its a small hotel, but nice and clean when we randomly stopped in to look at it... the only downside is no bar!  But it was really close to our venue and hair salon... He can also recommend a shuttle service that has decent prices...

The only other choice that we saw close was the Ecnolodge, so needless to say, this was the clear winner for us ;)

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else!!  If i remember his name, i will let you know.
  • Options
    Emily022Emily022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!  i called the best western today and am waiting to hear back.  there is also a hampton inn in turnersville that i wanted to check out too.  if i get pricing for them i will let you know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that would be awesome. I'm sure I'll wind up talking to owner soon, but I wanted to check out Hampton Inn too. Its further and my guess is more expensive for guests. But, those were the two I was looking at.

We are also are doing a shuttle ... I wonder who Best Western reccommends. So far cheapest I've found is Starr, which is a charter bus company.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VSR Limo... we are getting a limo for the girls picking us up at the hair salon, taking us to the venue and then bringing the boys to to the venue from the hotel... Then they have a 15 person shuttle bus that will make 5-6 trips to the wedding and back to the hotel after the wedding... all for $500

Have you picked a hair salon in that area?
  • Options
    Emily022Emily022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

got the pricing from the hampton inn...

$109 for a king bed room
    $119 for a room with 2 queen beds,
    must block at least 10 rooms
    if you get 20 rooms booked, the honeymoon suite is free.

they also recommend a company for shuttles called limopatrick, which i think they said they give a discount if you use.  i haven't even started looking into limo companies yet tho lol. 

they are a little pricier and a little further away but they do give you free breakfast in the morning, which is nice.  no bar, but a tgi friday's is right across the street.  i might just end up going to visit both to see which we like better.  thanks for all the help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls :)
    I think we're going to do like Emily said and try both. I've had a hard time getting in contact with Best Western. Which is annoying, but we're headed to Hampton Inn today. We are probably getting a charter through Starr Buses (big charter 55 people). I found it to be cheaper than the 24 passenger buses I was finding thru limo places. Less trips too.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what number do you have for the best western?  when i first try to contact them, i somehow had the wrong one...

this is the one that worked for me...

856-340-7900

Good Luck Ladies!!!  :)<3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As an update girls:
    I went to both. @ Hampton I called ahead of time to make sure someone could show me around. They said come over. I did w/my FSIL and after giving us rates (which were on here but PLUS 15% tax) the guy said oh sorry we are at capacity. I can't show you a room. Um, then why did I drive here? Yes, it looked very nice, but rooms would wind up being nearly $140 for queen. Plus I was annoyed he wouldn't show me a room.
    Best Western the front desk girl was super busy, but after she handled guests she was more than happy to show us around. She showed us bridal suite and a regular king. All rooms have microwave/fridge - which I thought was nice - and the hotel is clean. They also do a free breakfast in morning.
    The Hampton def has a nicer breakfast area and is newer, by a year or so, but b/c the guy was pretty rude and the fact that they're more $ we'll be using Best Western. Plus Best Western is closer to our venue.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh great!  How was the bridal suite??  We booked that one for our wedding night??  we didnt get to see it when we went.

What venue are you using?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Brigalias as our venue for ceremony & reception. Yes the suite was nice! Its all the way on the end of the 1 wing, so its pretty private. It has a jacuzzi tub and a separate area to get dressed, if you're getting ready there. Lol its a little cheesey (with the tub) but in a cute wedding night kind of way. We're going to get it too - I think. I'm going tomorrow to finalize everything. I was concerned b/c breakfast area is kind of tiny, but the manager assured me its alway run smoothly. We wanted to do it in their meeting room, but he said honestly its harder to coordinate. What venue are you using?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Antony and Cleopatra's, which is 5 minutes down the road from the hotel... 67 days!!!  :)

That is good to know the room has a seperate dressing area!!  :)  I cant wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards