New Jersey - South

Who are you using for your hair and makeup?

HI! 
My hairdresser is out of town on my wedding date, and my backup (littletouches) is booked on my date!  Please help!  I need recommendations. 

Thanks all!!

Re: Who are you using for your hair and makeup?

• BoldHartBoldHart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using creations by mia... my hair trial is in 2 weeks but she has been very responsive to all my emails... her website is great and has awesome pictures of her work and her prices are VERY reasonable.

creationsbymia.com

hope that helps!

oh and she will travel!! super bonus
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand how you feel. Little Touches are booked on my date, as well as Creations by Mia. I am going with a local salon (401 West) but they are expensive. I am paying $310 for hair and makeup including the trial.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • kristenm74kristenm74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I have an email in to Creations by Mia to see if she has avaiability for our date.  Fingers Crossed!  Even though....wow...hair and makeup is so expensive!  I really didn't think it would be that much!
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_using-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7cd12a6b-3390-4351-afb6-99c309dd5e8aPost:4b651240-ff8d-49ee-acb9-770a9b611e02">Re: Who are you using for your hair and makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using creations by mia... my hair trial is in 2 weeks but she has been very responsive to all my emails... her website is great and has awesome pictures of her work and her prices are VERY reasonable. creationsbymia.com hope that helps! oh and she will travel!! super bonus
    Posted by BoldHart[/QUOTE]

I second this recommendation!  Mia was EXCELLENT!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using 401 West as well since that is where I go and get my hair done usually.  They are expensive, but they are so nice there.  I love my hairstylist and couldn't imagine anyone else doing my hair.  Also, I signed up to get the airbrush makeup done so I can't wait for my trial for that!
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Mia! She was awesome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_using-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7cd12a6b-3390-4351-afb6-99c309dd5e8aPost:69bf9ea8-73c8-46d3-a1fa-d4e6295f1b7b">Re: Who are you using for your hair and makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using 401 West as well since that is where I go and get my hair done usually.  They are expensive, but they are so nice there.  I love my hairstylist and couldn't imagine anyone else doing my hair.  Also, I signed up to get the airbrush makeup done so I can't wait for my trial for that!
    Posted by Crewton8[/QUOTE]

Wonderful. I'm glad you have such faith in them. I too am getting airbrush done. May I ask you who your hairdstylist is?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Karen Capcino. Just had my trial last week and I love her!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristenm74kristenm74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have the contact information for Karen Capcino?  Website or phone number?  THANKS!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_using-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7cd12a6b-3390-4351-afb6-99c309dd5e8aPost:0d638134-5b1a-49b6-a9b0-c343c1eb2b62">Re: Who are you using for your hair and makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you using for your hair and makeup? : Wonderful. I'm glad you have such faith in them. I too am getting airbrush done. May I ask you who your hairdstylist is?
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]

I go to Janet.  She really takes her time and has a good eye for what will work with your hair type.  Love her!  My mom has been using her for years as well (has followed her from salon to salon...haha). 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Crewton8. I'll keep Janet in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards