New Jersey - South

Beach Ceremony

I really want to get married on the beach and either have the reception in an open air space or overlooking the ocean.  I was looking at Merri Makers and it was pretty much exactly what I wanted (although I'm nervous with thebeach club members running around) but it's a bit out of my price range.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places that will help coordinate a beach ceremony that is close to $100 per person(including tax + service fees).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beach Ceremony

• angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only hall that I know of that has beach weddings and overlooks the ocean is McLoone's Pier House. Great food, too.

You can kind of see the ocean from the windows of the Grand Hotel in Cape May.
  • edited December 2011
    There are a few places in Long Branch but I do not know their prices.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There is also the flanders hotel in ocean city.  I'm not positive on their prices cause I havent looked at them since I was planning my wedding.  I believe they have their own private beach where they hold weddings. 
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the SeaShell on LBI its really pretty and they do everything on site!
  • foxxfire90foxxfire90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at McLoones Pier House a few weeks ago, and it was lovely. Tomorrow, I am officiating at the Seagull's nest  in Highlands, and I've been there before; very, very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_beach-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:83170652-fedd-44b3-a0e5-764c53e37692Post:ff623438-0747-4799-b4c5-03f6c4eb8171">Re: Beach Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the SeaShell on LBI its really pretty and they do everything on site!
    Posted by PHughes819[/QUOTE]

I just looked at the Seashell for my LBI wedding..... However it was completely out of my price range, and there were quite a few red flags that I did not care for.
    First, its $175 pp for a 3 day event (Friday night welcome party/rehearsal dinner, Saturday ceremony/reception and Sunday brunch).  Granted you are getting ALOT of $175 pp, but with a 225 person guest list, I couldn't do it. There were no "back up plans" for inclement weather. The reception is a buffet and if you have MORE than 150 ppl, the buffet is set up in the hotel lobby.
    Just some things that I noticed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards