New Jersey - South

Band Recommendations/Band vs DJ

Looking for band recommendations for a wedding in June - we don't have a lot of time to check out performances, etc.  We want a band that plays current music - almost more like a bar cover band but able to MC the wedding as well.  We'd like to keep the cost around $5K if possible.  I'm also interested in opinions on bands vs djs.  We're getting married at the Carriage House and that stage was just made for a band, but appreciate thoughts on djs as well.  Thanks all!!

kimmike622

Re: Band Recommendations/Band vs DJ

• I would post this on the local Philly board as well. 

I would have loved a band for my wedding, but it was way out of budget.  Are there any bands in particular that you have seen out at bars that you would like to book?  Usually on bands websites it has a page on how to book them.  It wouldn't hurt to contact the booking agent to check out the price.
  • Daddy Pop played our wedding and they were a huge hit with our guests.  They're a Jersey Shore band and play a lot of the bars in the area.  Great mix of musicians so they have a huge songlist and will play things popular, classic, you name it.  DP actually played our best man's wedding a few years ago, and we loved them so much then that they were one of the first vendors we booked and never even considered looking at another option.  I've been to more weddings with DJs than bands, and the band definitely provides a better energy to the room.  They're able to read the crowd and will feed off the kinds of songs the crowd is dancing to.  My parents were actually against getting a DJ because they find them to be so annoying.  I know I'm biased, but if you can afford a band, go for it!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • <div>We used Soul Revival Band, and they were fabulous.  They had everyone dancing and played everything, new stuff, and the classics.  Their singers did the MCing and were great at running the wedding and our announcements.   Their site is <a href="http://www.soulrevivalband.com" rel="nofollow">www.soulrevivalband.com</a>   HTH</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_band-recommendationsband-vs-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:8a80a24d-38d4-4f1b-8024-11ab655eb236Post:4c7227e2-ec40-4e35-b0af-416be9370d6b">Band Recommendations/Band vs DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for band recommendations for a wedding in June - we don't have a lot of time to check out performances, etc.  We want a band that plays current music - almost more like a bar cover band but able to MC the wedding as well.  We'd like to keep the cost around $5K if possible.  I'm also interested in opinions on bands vs djs.  We're getting married at the Carriage House and that stage was just made for a band, but appreciate thoughts on djs as well.  Thanks all!!
    Posted by kimlane412[/QUOTE]
  • I wanted to book a band, but my fiance thinks they're "cheesy" so we are going with a DJ. Since we're going that route, I wanted to get the best of the best, so I did massive research and found EBE Entertainment. We're going with Ben Ostroff based on the great reviews we read. They provide a "New York Style" set, which is basically non-stop music and dancing other than during dinner. If you're having a crowd that loves to dance and party, I'd definitely check EBE out. They have a ton of DJ's and bands to choose from.
  • I would suggest meeting with RunAwayWithUs Bands & Djs. We just booked our Dj through them and they have a great reputation for cover bands as well. Ask for Mike, he walks you through everything. http://www.runawaywithus.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards