New Jersey - South

Vendor Reviews- 7/9/11 wedding

Our wedding was not perfect. Little things went wrong or were forgotten as you can imagine happens in every wedding. However, I have no complaints about any of our vendors. They helped to make our wedding as close to perfect as possible. It was the best day of my life so far. :)

VENUE- Moorestown Community House- Moorestown A++++
The Moorestown Community House is the perfect venue if you are looking for something unique with a vintage flare.  We had use of the majority of the building and grounds.  The bridal suite upstairs included several rooms with enough space for even a large bridal party to get ready.  The building is incredibly photogenic.  Joan Brown was wonderful, answered all questions and responded to all e-mails in a timely manner.  The ballroom was perfect for our 130 guests (15 tables- I think anymore would be too much.)  This is an absolutely stunning venue inside and out! www.thecommunityhouse.com/">http://www.thecommunityhouse.com/

CATERER- Due Amici- Cinnaminson- A+++
When we first met with Due Amici, we met with Kevin, who is now their restaurant manager.  He seemed to know what he was talking about so we were excited to work with him. They’ve since hired Jennifer as their banquet manager.  And thankfully, she was absolutely wonderful to work with.  She was responsive to all my e-mails, questions, and changes to the seating chart… and we had quite a few.  When we met to go over the day-of schedule, my hubby and I thought they were crazy when they said they could serve dinner in 10 minutes.  But that they did!  Not only were they efficient, they were barely noticeable.  We had 11 servers and I barely noticed them.  They were also extremely attentive.  We didn’t spend much time at our sweetheart table but they were there to ask if we needed anything, any time we did manage to sit.  The food was delicious and plentiful.  On top of all that, they were budget friendly. www.dueamicinj.com/">http://www.dueamicinj.com/

MUSIC- DJ’s Available- www.djsavailable.com/">http://www.djsavailable.com/
Ceremony- Brava Strings- A+
We contracted with Brava Strings through DJ’s Available.  To be honest, I didn’t see them set up or hear them play very much at all.  I heard them playing during our processional but that was about it.  I was in a bit of a daze at the time.  And once the ceremony was done, we were inside for cocktail hour.  They left so quickly that our coordinator wasn’t even able to give them their tip.  I didn’t hear any complaints and they certainly weren’t obtrusive so I’m giving them a good rating.

DJ- Harold Peacock- DJ Bishop- A+++
DJ Bishop was awesome.  He had people out on the dance floor and played every request we made.   He worked well with our coordinator and had things moving along pretty smoothly.  We had an anniversary dance, several line dances, the cake cutting, and a money/dollar dance. We heard several compliments to him afterwards and that says a lot with our very eclectic/diverse group.

DAY-OF-COORDINATOR- Jillian McLaughlin- A+++++++++++++++++
Jillian is young, bright, and full of energy.  She’s little and as cute as can be but still manages to take control in any situation.  She had the ability to take charge when necessary and was virtually invisible on the day of when she wasn’t “needed.”  It was invaluable for me to be able to tell people to go to her with any questions/concerns.  I don’t know how many she actually had to field but the fact that I don’t know is testament enough.

She not only acted as our DOC but did all of our centerpieces, bouquets/flowers, place cards, menu cards, and programs.  We met once, early on in the process, to go over my ideas/vision.  We met again when she had a mock up of our centerpieces ready for us to see.  She was there with us at our final meeting with the caterers so we were all on the same page.  She was available by e-mail for countless questions and changes.  She had recommended our DJ and photographer to us--- which both ended up being wonderful.  I cannot say enough marvelous things about Jillian.  

Here’s an example, our cake was almost ready for cutting and I thought the table looked a little scant.  She asked if I wanted flowers on it and just like that she stepped away for a second and returned with several flowers.  She was there whenever I needed anything-- even when I was freaking out before the ceremony and needed water immediately.  

She took my vision and made it come to life.  I feel like I can consider her family now, whether or not she likes it.  She’s incredibly awesome- enough said.   www.celebrationsbyjillian.com/">http://www.celebrationsbyjillian.com/

PHOTOBOOTH- Memory Lane Photobooth- A+
Wioletta was wonderful to work with.  She worked with our budget and responded to e-mails/inquiries immediately.  If you haven’t noticed already-- quick e-mail response time is very important to me.  The two attendants who were there the day-of were very nice and easy to work with.  They needed hubby and I to get in the booth to get a picture of us for the cover of our photo album (included in the package) and kept sending people to come get us throughout the night.  It was pretty funny but their persistence was appreciated because without it... we may never have made it there. www.memorylanephotobooths.net/

HAIR AND MAKE-UP- The Little Touches-- A++
Kristine responded to an e-mail I had sent her even though her away message said she was on her honeymoon.   That’s A++ for me.  :)  She did a great job on my trial.  I was so excited.  Kristine and her mother did the hair and make-up for me and my 3 bridesmaids.  Now, these are a very picky bunch.  One was very specific about what she wanted, another hates getting her hair or make-up done, and a third had just been in a wedding the week prior where she had the hair person re-do her hair twice and still wasn’t happy.  And I am ecstatic to report that they were ALL happy about their hair and make-up.  They looked absolutely beautiful and all of our hair and make-up withstood the 90+ degree weather, during outdoor pictures and ceremony.  I would not hesitate to recommend The Little Touches to anyone.  As an added bonus, their prices were better than anyone else I had researched. Plus, they travel to your location.  Great people to work with! www.thelittletouchesnj.com/">http://www.thelittletouchesnj.com/

TRANSPORTATION-Limo Patrick-  A++
Limo Patrick is another vendor who I am not sure whether there were any problems.  However, I didn’t hear any complaints. Patrick responded to all my e-mails pretty quickly and their prices were very good.  PLUS, they got our guests to the venue on time and got me and my groom back to the hotel in one piece.  My MOH had forgotten her camera on the van at the end of the night.  Patrick took a little while to get a hold of but the camera was safely returned to MOH the next day.  That tells me that they are an honest bunch, which is a great quality to have in any wedding vendor.  http://limopatrick.com/index.html

BAKER- Diane’s LaPatisserie-B+
I’m giving Diane Nussbaum a B+ because, even though she is quick to respond to e-mails, there was some confusion about the price of the cake in the contract.  In the end, we paid what we thought it was supposed to be but the lack of clarity was a bit of a turn off.  Plus, although the cake tasting was delicious, I thought the actual cake was way too sweet and had much more icing than expected.  I also think it wasn’t the colors we had discussed but that wasn’t much of a problem for me as how it tasted.  On the other hand, maybe all our other vendors were so awesome that I’m just giving her a hard time. www.dianespatisserie.com/">http://www.dianespatisserie.com/

INVITATIONS- Nicole Spiegel- Gotsch-- A++++++
Nicole works out of Hoboken, NJ and is a friend of my sister-in-law, which is how we found her.  Our DOC would have been able to do our invitations at a discount through an invitation company (not sure which one right now) but we decided to go for a more unique style to match our art deco vintage theme.  And Nicole did an amazing job on customizing our invitations.  We met and provided her with ideas and thoughts.  I explained our theme and she rolled with it.  We met a second time when she had 4 mock-ups/samples available for us.  The invitations we chose were perfect for us and Nicole had them printed quicker than we expected.  www.coroflot.com/nspiegel_gotsch">http://www.coroflot.com/nspiegel_gotsch

PHOTOGRAPHER- Laura Leigh Photo-- A++++++++++++
Another incredible vendor.  Laura is super sweet and adorable in every way.  I think that if you check out her blog and website, her pictures speak for themselves.  So not only is she talented but her packages are definitely budget friendly, especially for New Jersey.  She’s professional and knows what she’s doing.  We had our pictures from our engagement session really quickly, like within 2 weeks, I think.  And the sneak peek from the engagement session and wedding was up on her blog within a couple of days.  We don’t have our album yet, obviously (we just got married on the 9th) but I expect it to be awesome! She doesn’t know it yet (and neither does hubby) but I expect Laura to photograph every major event in my family from this point forward.  :)http://www.lauraleighphoto.com/

Aloft Hotel- Mt. Laurel- B+
I would have to say that they were just okay.  On the one hand, we had some miscommunication about the room block rates so that FIL got a different rate from what was agreed upon so he rebooked online and not through the room block.  Then they somehow cancelled our reservations.  They got a room immediately but that was just annoying.  Although, I did get to say "but I'M the bride!" as a response to being told they didn't have our reservation.  But we enjoyed the bar/lounge area after the wedding.  And I think everyone enjoyed the unique style of the hotel in general.  

I hope these reviews help you like so many of the reviews that I read helped me during my planning.  Congrats and good luck!
Photobucket

Re: Vendor Reviews- 7/9/11 wedding

• dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what happened to the formatting of my post so I'm going to paste the venue and caterer reviews here again:

VENUE- Moorestown Community House- Moorestown A++++
    The Moorestown Community House is the perfect venue if you are looking for something unique with a vintage flare.  We had use of the majority of the building and grounds.  The bridal suite upstairs included several rooms with enough space for even a large bridal party to get ready.  The building is incredibly photogenic.  Joan Brown was wonderful, answered all questions and responded to all e-mails in a timely manner.  The ballroom was perfect for our 130 guests (15 tables- I think anymore would be too much.)  This is an absolutely stunning venue inside and out! www.thecommunityhouse.com/">http://www.thecommunityhouse.com/

CATERER- Due Amici- Cinnaminson- A+++
    When we first met with Due Amici, we met with Kevin, who is now their restaurant manager.  He seemed to know what he was talking about so we were excited to work with him. They’ve since hired Jennifer as their banquet manager.  And thankfully, she was absolutely wonderful to work with.  She was responsive to all my e-mails, questions, and changes to the seating chart… and we had quite a few.  When we met to go over the day-of schedule, my hubby and I thought they were crazy when they said they could serve dinner in 10 minutes.  But that they did!  Not only were they efficient, they were barely noticeable.  We had 11 servers and I barely noticed them.  They were also extremely attentive.  We didn’t spend much time at our sweetheart table but they were there to ask if we needed anything, any time we did manage to sit.  The food was delicious and plentiful.  On top of all that, they were budget friendly. www.dueamicinj.com/">http://www.dueamicinj.com/

I hope that works.
    Photobucket
  • cmblaneycmblaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your review!  Our weddings are going to be very similar!  Mine is at the Moorestown Community House, we are using Due Amici and DJs available.  I was having trouble deciding between using Aloft or the Westin for my hotel, but I think I am going to go with the Westin because I have read reviews where the Aloft bar closed earlier than advertised.  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards