New Jersey - South

Vendo Review

Hotel Alcott - Reception- B+
Our reception was amazing! Best time of my life.The food was fantastic, the servers were all very nice ( I did hear that a bartender was grouchy though). I had a great time and would rceoomend them, but there were a few things that stopped me from giving them an A. When we booked them in FEb, they were very respsonsive to calls and emails. But after they opened another hotel, it seeemd they got distracted or maybe did not have enough staff. Emails would take days to get a response to when it had been less than 24 hrs previously. Our final bill was due and we got them then info the needed to calculate it. They just did not respond with a final bill b the day it was due. Then when I tracked them down to get it, they twice sent an incorrect estimate, despite me telling them in person and through email the final count. By the end, I just sort of felt lost in the shuffle, no special treatment. Their wedding people, Alan and Nick, also have so-so personalites. I kind of get the impression they wish they did something else. But they were very accomodating to all our needs, the night of went off without a hitch and we had a great time.

Cake - OC Cake Studio, OCean CIty, NJ - A+
Oh my good, was it ever a hit!! We knew from the tasting the cake would be spectacular, but it was so fun to see everyone take bites of it and say "oh my god, best cake ever!!" The design was gorgeous, it was delievered as expected and Darren was great to work wtih. Def $$, but if cake is something you care about (and I do) then this is  your guy!

Photobooth- Boardwalk Photobooth Rentals - A+
Fantastic experience!! Our friends and family ate this up! The pics we got are so sofunny! They put a cop of each photo into a cute album and we also get digital versions (plus the guests each got a copy of their pic). The attendants were great, the equipment worked really well and was super easy to use and it was a great experience!

Chair rental - Tents R Us, Vineland, NJ A+
Our original chair plan changed at the last minute so we had to find chairs <2 weeks from the ceremony. Of the 5 places I called, TRU was the only one that called back (and within the same dy). They gave me a really fair price and their guys set up the chairs exactly when they said they would and took them down right after. Our ceremony ran a little after and when they saw people were still mingling after when they were supposed to be breaking the chairs down, the circled the area and gave us more time to clear out. The chairs were arranged with military precision and looked gorgeous (they were white wooden ones). They were great to work with, everything they said they'd do, they did and I would def recommend them.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendo Review

• mlm629mlm629 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you let me know (PM is fine if you prefer) how much we're talking for the Cake Studio? I need to start thinking about cakes soon!
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure - our cake total was ~1200 and that was for 120-135 people. We used fondant and picked 4 flavors (incl a seasonal flavor), so that upped the price as well. But it was dynamite! Absolutely worth every penny!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did your chair rentals cost? Grand Hotel is looking for $10 a person!
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy! I think We paid $340 for 116 chairs (and that included delivery to CM from Vineland). These were their white outdoor folding chairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards