New Jersey - South

ordering dress online

Has anyone ordered their gown online? I found a site that makes a look alike of  the dress that I want(Maggie Sottero Alana) but I'm nervous to order online.

Re: ordering dress online

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    Is this a knock off site from China?  I would advise against it.  You will have a subpar version of the dress, if you get it at all.  And with the site outside of the US, you will have little recourse if something terrible happens.  I advise going over to the Attire & Accessories board and posting a picture of the dress you like and seeing if any of the ladies over there can find similar styles in your budget.

They also have a sticky at the top of the AA board that tells you more about the knock off sites.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_ordering-dress-online?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:989bd303-6884-40ad-a3ed-f0f098549d49Post:5ecbb406-d62a-4004-a709-1928d831f542">Re: ordering dress online</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this a knock off site from China?  I would advise against it.  You will have a subpar version of the dress, if you get it at all.  And with the site outside of the US, you will have little recourse if something terrible happens.  I advise going over to the Attire & Accessories board and posting a picture of the dress you like and seeing if any of the ladies over there can find similar styles in your budget. They also have a sticky at the top of the AA board that tells you more about the knock off sites.
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

It is a knock off from China. Thankyou so much for your advise!
  • don't do it!  search through the forums on here and you can find many many nightmares that other brides have gone through.  You will end up spending more money to get what you buy fixed or have to buy a new dress all over again.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards