New Jersey - South
Options

Bridal shops in South Jersey?

Hey ladies,
I'm looking for the best bridal shop in south Jersey.  I've been to David's Bridal and hate the fact that they make you feel like s*** if  you don't buy a dress right then and there.  I want to try on dresses until I find "the one".  I don't like pushy or judgmental salespeople....I'm heavily tattooed and don't want to see my salesperson cringing when they see them.  Any input would be appreciated, good or bad!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal shops in South Jersey?

• Options
    shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my dress and bridemaids dresses from lilly bridal in sewell..there is one lady there that i'm not fond of but the rest are very helpful and didnt put any pressure on me.  the shop is small; but they have more than enough dresses to try on. one of my bridesmaids has a half sleave and they did not give it a second look when she went for her dress.   i also went to jay west in haddonfield and they were super nice and not at all pushy. their store has a larger selection as well.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I used the Macy's Bridal salon at the Cherry Hill Mall.  I asked my sales lady, Minnie (who was awesome by the way!), how long I had to try on dresses.  She said as long as she didn't get another appointment, I could stay until I found the one.  There was no pressure.  My friend and SIL also got their dresses from the same salon with the same no pressure feeling.  All of the ladies I have interacted with at Macys over the years (I got BM dresses here as well) were all wonderful and nice. 

They only have Demetrios bridal gowns, but the prices were reasonable for what you are buying.  I would recommend waiting for a trunk show (the whole bridal salon is 15% off) and going during the week if possible.  I went on a Friday night and only saw a few other people trying on dresses.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Wedding Belles Boutique, which is in Northfield, near Atlantic City.  The selection of dresses is amazing and the staff is wonderful!
  • Options
    PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been dealing with Claire's in Wilmington DE which is really just over the Com Barry Bridge.  They have been great, the girls that work there are younger and they do not work on commission and therefore not pushy
  • Options
    TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am bought my dress from Tesi Bridal in Ventnor, which is 5 minutes from Atlantic City. They are wonderful. The two younger women that work there make you feel very comfortable. Also, Tesi (the owner) is super nice and helpful.

Check them out at: http://tesibridal.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Lilly as well. I had a great experience! The shop is small, but I tried on at least 5 dresses (I went in with a list and they had most of the dresses on the list). I would definitely recommend checkin it out if you're in the area.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Laurie109Laurie109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MusicHeals - Wedding Belles is amazing! Great selection and a very nice staff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bakersduzinbakersduzin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Irma's in Cherry Hill for my gown. I had also been to a few other places, but it seemed like Irma's had the best selection. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Jay West in Haddonfield - they are so nice there.  My mom got hers from Bridal Manor in Sewell - I was in there with her and it looked like they had a lot of selection although I didn't actually look there so I can't fully recommend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from Bridal Garden in Marlton, right on Rte 70.... So far I've been extremely happy with my overall experience. Debbie was an amazing consultant to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress and my bridesmaids dresses from Bridal Manor in Sewell.  The girls there are so friendly and they have a good selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Bridal Garden in Marlton... they are super informative and really helpful! I loved the lady that helped me.. she made me feel really comfortable... even while standing in my undies and they are very respectful and nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Jay West!  It was such a wonderful experience and I had the best time!  I cannot wait to wear it on the big day!!!
  • Options
    kellyrose6kellyrose6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kay Bridal in Maple Shade was great!  they helped me with making my beautiful dress to be a one of a kind! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going with Wedding Belles in Northfield....can't say enough great things about them!!!!  I went in there with preconceived dress ideas in my head.  Tina picked out a dress that I didn't think I would like since it had ruffles.  It ended up being "the one" and I cried like a baby when I put it on!!!!  Love love love Tina and Terry!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards