New Jersey - South

Late Saturday, Sunday, Monday topic

Hey ladies!!!

Ok hmm let me think of a topic to talk about :Ceremony && Invites

Are you having  a religous ceremony? nope , i didnt want to make anyone feel uncomforable.

Having your ceremony at a church? no its all at the venue , in a diff room.

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? a non-denom. officiant

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? sand ceremony

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... some kenny g to keep the mood going lol.

How many are in your bridal party? 3 girls no maid of honor 4 bm and 1 best man

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? probably something for my grandmother , like a little speech thing with a candle.

Did you order your invites? haha nope doing that this week i keep pushing it off by the rate im going im going to have to tell everyone by text message lol

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? im too lazy to post tonight but i will tommorrow but its white with fuschia and orange and plumeria flowers

When are you sending them out? a month and a half before or a month and week because i know the people im dealing with and i wont get them back on time lol

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) a poem, nothing cheesy tho.

Are you going all out on your invites? eh kinda. i mean itsnot like people keep them so i dont want to go over board and spend like 500 or 700 dollars on it.

Also ladies you can post topics to talk about during the week as well on weeks that im lagging so the board wont be board so if you want to make up your own questions by all means you can do that!!!

Re: Late Saturday, Sunday, Monday topic

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony? nope , we're not religious people

Having your ceremony at a church? no its all at the venue , in a diff room.

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc?  FI's best man will also be the officiant

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? neither we are doing this wine ceremony thing where we both write a letter, and we would like the BP to write a letter as well and everyone puts their letters in a box with wine and it's locked until our 25th anniversary unless something else happens first (we decide to separate, etc.)

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... I have no idea!

How many are in your bridal party? 5 maids 1 MOH

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? I have a reader who will read something about people not being able to be there and we will light a candle for my grandparents

Did you order your invites? haha nope! FI and I are too picky. We found one we love by Carlson Craft but they only make it in a black jacket and we don't want that. So we've been trying to find someone who will customize our invites for us but won't cost 2,000.

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? FI made a mock up

When are you sending them out? 2 months

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) don't know yet

Are you going all out on your invites? um idk, I mean my parents are paying for it. If I really wanted to go all out I would've gotten the ones that cost 2200.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony? yeah.  Our faith is one of the things FI and I bonded over, so it just made sense to have it in the church. 

Having your ceremony at a church? yeah

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? A priest.

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? On the Christian board, one of the girls talked about doing a unity cross.  I loved that idea and would like to incorporate it somehow into our ceremony or at the reception.

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... Not really sure yet.  Most likely something classical.  I am in the process of looking at musicians.  I am thinking a harpist or a string trio.

How many are in your bridal party? a maid and matron of honor, plus 5 bridesmaids (7 girls total) and then one best man and 5 groomsmen.

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? Most of my loved ones are in the bridal party.  I would like to do something to honor my father who passed away, as well as FI's grandfather and my grandmother.   Not sure what yet. 

Did you order your invites? Shaki I've been procrastinating on this too though it sounds like your a little ahead of me!  I haven't done too much research yet.  I just browsed a few online places so far. 

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? Don't have any to post yet.

When are you sending them out? We're thinking of doing late July or August since we didn't do STDs. 

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) I haven't thought of it yet really... probably just your standard, Mr and Mrs so and so invite you.......

Are you going all out on your invites? No.  My splurges were for the photography and the hall.  I want them to look nice, but nothing over the top expensive.

• edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony?  Christian blessing and performed by a pastor, but no formal mass or anything

Having your ceremony at a church? no, it will be in an outside gazaebo/garden area

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? Wesleyan pastor

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? candle... but honestly its only to add time to the ceremony and include the moms

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc I'm trying to go a little more contemporary, but still classic

How many are in your bridal party? 1 MOH, 1BM, 2 Bridesmen, 1Best Man, 3 GM

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones?  Yes, I ordered engraved memorial candle/vase holders.

Did you order your invites? Invites are sitting in a box in my guest room

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? White cardstock, two silver hearts at the top.  Very plain.  Raised black font.

When are you sending them out? mid-May

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) traditional parents request the guest's presence.  The invite I ordered limited me to 14 lines so I coudn't get too creative

Are you going all out on your invites? 
    Nope.  Invites were ordered.  Response card and directions/reception card were DIY
  • kelly1017kelly1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you having  a religous ceremony? NOPE

Having your ceremony at a church? NO, ON THE BEACH

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? OFFICIENT

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? DOING A SAND CEREMONY

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... NO CLUE. I'M TORN BETWEEN TRADITIONAL CLASSICAL MUSIC OR HAVING A FUN BEACHY SONG TO WALK OUT TO.

How many are in your bridal party? 1 MOH + 3 BRIDESMAIDS + 1 BEST MAN + 3 GROOMSMEN + 1 FLOWER GIRL + RING BEARER

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? NO, JUST KEEPING IT SHORT + SWEET

Did you order your invites? YES! !!

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? THEY ARE TAN AND BROWN AND THEY LOOK LIKE A PIECE OF PAPER IN THE SAND WITH SEAHELLS AROUND IT. THE WRITING IS IN A DEEP GREEN AND IT FITS OUR BEACH WEDDING PERFECTLY

• lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony? no, neither FI or I are religious.

Having your ceremony at a church? no, on the beach

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? a friend of mine who has his Universal Life Church ministry

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? neither

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... thinkig beachy music.  Want to use the IZ version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for the bridal party.

How many are in your bridal party? 2 guys, 2 girls.

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? not at ceremony, with will have pictures of them at the reception.

Did you order your invites? yes, put them in the mail last Wednesday.

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)?

When are you sending them out? Sent them Wed (two months in advance)

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) traditional wording.

Are you going all out on your invites? not really.  I thought it was ridiculous to spend $5 each on invites that people would throw away, but I didn't totally budget shop either, and got the invites I wanted.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • preciousa721preciousa721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony? nope.  I'm catholic but it's too much of a big deal getting married in church so we're keeping it simple. :)

Having your ceremony at a church? nope it's outside of our venue..beautiful!

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? a non-denom. officiant

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? unity candle

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... not sure but basically soft music and most likely the classics

How many are in your bridal party? total including flower girl and ring bearer =11

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? not really just a quick silent prayer to honor loved ones who are not with us anymore.

Did you order your invites? yes and sent them out already!!

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? not sure how to post a pic but they are white with an ivory border with an elegant design and they have an overlay on top.

When are you sending them out? sent them out last week...already getting responses in!!

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) traditional wording

Are you going all out on your invites? not too overboard.  they are simple yet very elegant.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony? Not at all. There is a reference to Juno, but that's a line from The Tempest.

Having your ceremony at a church? No.

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? A minister. She is very open minded.

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? No. We're doing an exchange of Arras and a Handfasting.

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... There won't be any music in the ceremony. Before hand, music will consist of strings and percussion.

How many are in your bridal party? 11 or 12. One of Fh's guys won't know until next month whether he can be in the wedding. 

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? No

Did you order your invites? We haven't gotten them printed yet.

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)?

When are you sending them out? End of May or the begining of June

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) Some may see it as traditional wording.

Are you going all out on your invites? To be honest, I'm not even sure how much they cost because my mother won't tell me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Are you having  a religous ceremony? Yes, wouldn't have it any other way.

Having your ceremony at a church? Yes

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? Our Pastor

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? Unity Candle

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? Like jazz, bach, etc ... Mainly classical music

How many are in your bridal party? 7 on my side, 7 on his side, 1 ringbear and 1 flower girl

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? In our programs we are dedicating the ceremony to our grandparents that have passed

Did you order your invites? Yes

What do they look like( you can post pics if you want)? They match my girls dresses. Black with an Aqua sash

When are you sending them out? Already sent them out. Waiting on responses is the worst!

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations( ie. poem, short, long) hmm nothing really pretty traditional

Are you going all out on your invites? Nope, from what I've seen barely anyone keeps your invite. 
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a religous ceremony? Yes, a traditional Conservative Jewish ceremony.

Having your ceremony at a church? A synagogue.

Are you having a priest, minister, rabbi or etc? Rabbi.

Are you doing a sand ceremony or candle unity? Neither.

What kind of music are you using for the ceremony? A mixture of traditional Jewish music and contemporary secular music.

How many are in your bridal party? 1 Matron of Honor, 3 Bridesmaids, 2 Flower Girls, 1 Best Man (FI's father), 4 Groomsmen, 1 Ring Bearer.

Are you doing anything special for any loved ones? I'm not sure about that one.

Did you order your invites? Yes, they've been sitting in a spare bedroom closet since January!

What do they look like (you can post pics if you want)? It's the picture from the website.

When are you sending them out? Either the end of June or the beginning of July for my 9/5/10 wedding.

What kind of wording did you use for the invitations?  Traditional.

Are you going all out on your invites? No; they are pretty, but they were an absolute bargain!  Like PPs said, why spend a buttload of $ for something that is going to be thrown out after the wedding is over?  I just don't understand some brides.
  • edited December 2011
    for those who posted their invites i really like them!!
    i have to post mines lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards