New Jersey - South
Options

Chosing a Photographer

Hi ladies!

So I've looked at ten different photographers and I've narrowed it down to two I really like.  Just wondering what was most important to you when chosing a photographer.  Has anyone opted out of getting a videographer in order to get a more expensive photographer?

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Chosing a Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011

We found a fantastic videographer who is really inexpensive, so we were able to do both. Steve Williams. persemprevideos.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography first. Video second. Although it's a close second. Fortunately my photographer was just in my budget range so I may have just enough to hire a videographer. Most likely it will be Steve from PerSempre as well. But if I had the choice I would put the money into your photography.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we decided against a videographer....and did a photo booth instead...this way our guests could have a memorable photo to bring home with them....we are going to have friends video the ceremony and the important parts of the reception with our home video camera.....that is all we need!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Options
    Sami_GSami_G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We opted out of a videographer - but we're using the extra $$$ for the honeymoon.
  • Options
    sas0402sas0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

pick the photographer whos personality you like and get along with best... they have to make you feel comfortable.  Remember its gonna be a long day of pictures!
    I spend more on a photographer and went cheaper with videographer... I figured I just wanted a video of the wedding to show my kids years later... its not something we will be viewing regularly.  I hope to hang up the photos... so they were more important to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lynzy333lynzy333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually wanted a videographer over a photographer.  Ill want nice pictures yes, but my album after a year or so will get put away.  My video will capture things I didnt see and I can watch that over the years.  I can easily find it and relive certain memories you cant get from a picture.  So to me, I am choosing to spend (not really though) more on a videographer than a photographer.  I chose videogems to do the video and keepsake studios for photography.  Both do phenomenal work and very reasonably priced and will give me everything that I want.  So I still get the best of both worlds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards