New Jersey - South
Options

Excellence Resorts

Hi Ladies,

I know a lot of you went to the Excellence resorts for your honeymoon.  Which room did you book, and at which resort?  How was your overall experience there?

TIA : )
Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary

Re: Excellence Resorts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

We went to Excellence Riveria Maya Cancun. We stayed in the Jr. Swim Up Excetive Suite, ocean view. Our experience was A-MAZ-ING. We can't wait to go back.

It was nice because only the swim up room with an ocean view have a bar and bartender at the pool that is behind the block of rooms.

And it's only for the Excellence VIP (which I also recommend upgrading to) guests so it was more relaxing and peaceful than the other pools.

Good luck with your search.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Pumpkin!  Did your room have a private balcony or was it open to the pool?  I really wish the websites had more pictures!    : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm late with this reply. My room was ground level, so it opened up to the pool, which I LOVED. We had our own personal lounge chairs in front of the pool, and a hammock.

I felt the same way about wanting to see more of what it looked liked. If you want...shoot me a e-mail at mcccwhat at aim dot com and I'll give you my full name and you can find me on facebook and look at my honeymoon pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have them posted anywhere else, but I took a lot of pictures from the pool and from our back patio so you could get a better feel of what it could look like.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011

we are getting married June 12th and we are going to Excellence Punt* Cana. I heard a lot of good things about this resort. SInce you are getting married two weeks after us I suggest trying to book it soon. Last week on cheap caribbean it was 3800 and this week it was almost a thousand dollars cheaper. I am not sure why but we hurried up and booked it with a travel agent.

We were torn between Punt* Cana and Cancun but decided on Punt* Cana because of the flights and it was a little cheaper.

(it would not let me say punt* lol :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been to Excellence Playa Mujeres and it was beyond amazing. It was paradise- for real! We paid for the least expensive room but got upgraded to the swim out room since it was a slow time of year. We speant one day at Tulum and Xel-ha and the rest of the days at the resort. FH and I did 1 scuba dive together and then he did another on his own while I went to the spa.

Here are the things we loved most:
    1. The shower- it has both a rainfall shower and a regular one and the shower area is huge so both of you can shower together with your own showerhead.
    2. The staff- they were all amazing
    3. The food- everything was great and only one of the approx 8 retaurants is a buffet
    4. The bed- super comfy with great linens
    5, The jacuzzi- big enough for 2 people
    6. There is a bed on every balcony
    7. The drinks are great and they never stop coming
    8. The beach is very clean
    9. The pools are always clean
    10. The entire resort is very clean LOL

I could go on forever. Here is my facebook album of the resort- just skip all the boring sunrise pics LOL: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2279653&id=5300483&l=94d79d63db
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!  My FI and I are getting married in April, and we're going to Excellence in Punt* Cana as well.  I had heard great things about excellence in general - my brother went to one for his honeymoon and my friend went to the Punt* cana one.  I'm soo excited about it...and even more so after hearing the good reviews of the resorts.  We opted not to do the Excellence club (thats the VIP, right?), but wasn't sure if its something we should look into.  Our travel agent said we could always upgrade....was it worth it?
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to thank you all for the info.  Kryssa, your pics look great!  PiperS, I saw that they ar ehaving a 25% off deal this month, which is why I was asking for reviews, I want to make a decision soon! 

Pumpkin, I will email you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards