New Jersey - South
Options

Wedding venue

Hi, does anyone have any idea on how I can have a wedding for under $10,000? At this point we feel like our only option is having a destination wedding with a very limited guest list with so,e kind of BBQ at home for a reception once we return and the more I think about it, the more I realize that's not what I want. I'm planning to try to keep my guest list under 150 people if we're able to have our wedding home. My fiancé and I will be paying for everything (except my wedding dress) any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Re: Wedding venue

• Options
    I would look into the Moorestown Community Center, Gibson House in Evesham Twp, or Haddonfield Fortnightly.  You can then negotiate with their caterer to fit your budget.  And I believe that Gibson House has no set caterers, so you can really look around to get a bargain.  I would also look at Maggianos in Cherry Hill, they serve family style which should keep prices lower.

And remember, a wedding doesn't have to be a 5-hour reception.  If you marry at a non-meal time, you can have just cake & punch or some appetizers and cake for your reception (2pm).  It would save a lot of money and you could invite everyone you want.  You could also have a late ceremony (8pm) and then just have desserts and appetizers for the reception.  You can still have a DJ, but for the daytime one, guests would probably leave around 5pm.  For a later ceremony, people will have dinner first and then would be more inclined to stay late and party.

And cut out favors, programs, and floral centerpieces.  It will save money.  Use vistaprint.com for your paper products.  They often have groupons to help you save money too.  I recommend getting the free bridal sample kit, so you can get a feel for the paper weights and finishes.  Also, upgrade the envelopes!  The standard ones are flimsy and see through.

Finally, check out the DIY board on here.  Those ladies have lots of ideas on how to do a lot yourself and save you money in the process.
  • Options
    You may want to check out Colleen's Catering in Pennsauken and the Castle Yacht Club in Delran. The Castle is BYO so you can choose to offer only select alcohol or none to stay within your budget and Les at Colleen's is fabulous to work with.

Oh and there's Venice Plaza in Berlin and the Marian House in Cherry Hill. Those are places I looked at in 2008 and they were really budget friendly at the time. I loved the Marian House and it was one of my top choices before I ultimately chose something else.

And it's true that weddings around here are expensive, but there's plenty you can do to stay within that price range. I ordered my invitations online and loved them. Most everyone just throws them away anyway so I didn't see the need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on paper. You can check Etsy for alternative bouquet options if you don't want to spend a ton on flowers that go to waste. Brooch bouquets are extremely popular right now.

Centerpieces don't have to be huge floral arrangements either. Vintage is also trending so books, suitcases and even old picture frames are beautiful and inexpensive details.

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I am actually getting married at JP on 6.1.13- next saturday!! And our budget is $10,000. We are using Black Pelican and we are having BBQ. It is soo unbelievably good! At first i was a little worried but it is only $28/person. You can do it! Just don't go over board. 

We are also just getting a cake from Harris Teeter since the last wedding I went to only about 8 pieces of the cake was eaten. It is only $55 to feed 78 people. Since I only have 88 guest attending the wedding I thought it would be a great idea.

I would also recommend using Eben Patten Photography. She was only $900 for 6 hours, plus i received a FREE engagement session. Check her out on Facebook. They are amazing!
  • Options
    This is the South Jersey board, it seems that you meant to post this helpful info on North Carolina's local board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards