New Jersey - South

the Mansion ladies....

Hi ladies.  Was hoping to learn what entrees you picked for your reception dinner at the Mansion.  We are going to be tasting in a couple of weeks and would love to hear what options are good and on the menu for your wedding.

Thanks!

Oh and learned today that my point of contact recently left and now have a new person to work with.  Lovely!

Re: the Mansion ladies....

• edited December 2011
    We're doing regular entrees... nothing upgraded, and nothing too unique.

1. Lemon and Rosemary roasted half semi boneless chicken w/corn, tomato and olive salad (the tasting had bone-in chicken, we requested boneless)
    2. Salmon filet w/Teriyaki glaze
    3. Prime Rib
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!  I can't wait to come up to taste the food :)  I am a bit annoyed that my planner left, I am hopeful that this new rep will be ok.....fingers crossed!
  • edited December 2011
    we're too far out to have chosen our entree's yet... but i'm curious to know who your coordinator was!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was working with Debbie Murray.  Who are you working with?
  • edited December 2011
    My coordinator is Samantha.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is also Samantha
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AandR1010AandR1010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

I am also debating about what entree selections I want to have in my upcoming wedding in October.  I have gone to both group tastings and liked the following selections:

1) Grilled European Style Chicken with Roasted Port Wine Reduction
    2) Marinated Salmon with Champagne Mustard Sauce

We are undecided about the Beef option for our wedding.  We tried the Chateubriand and Prime Rib.  The Chateubriand was really good, but it's an additional cost and weren't that impressed with the Prime Rib.  We may go with the Filet Mignon, but I would like to get additional feedback before making any final selections.

• delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also working with Samantha and so far, she has been great.

We went to the taste testing a few weeks ago. I'd like to go to another one, because it's simply too much food to taste at once and I'd like to see if there are other entrees to try at the next one.

However, we did enjoy the prime rib. Also, we loved the roasted chicken, which was stuffed with a duck/shrimp stuffing. Although, I'd like to change that around a bit, for the guests who cannot eat shelfish and only like chicken. (Should I not be concerned? I just want people happy with their meals...)

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking of going with:

Filet Mignon
    Crab Cakes
    Chicken stuffed with mushroom pudding - any clue what mushroom pudding is??

These are the items we have chosen to taste in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully they will all be yummy.

Is anyone doing the mashed potatoe bar?  Has anyone seen it set up?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards