New Jersey - South
Options

Venue Question

I am thinking of changing my venue.
I recently booked a nice american legion hall, however now I am having doubts.
I have been searching on line for various different places.  Has anyone ever been to the Pennsauken Country Club - Catering by Vitarelli's? How about Venice Plaza?
Bradford Estate?  We (my FI and myself) arent looking to break the bank. We want to have approx. 90 people and are trying to be conservative, which was the original reason for going with the american legion hall.  We will be having the ceremony there as well.  We only put down a $400 deposit.  I have to read the contract to see if we lose that money. 

Re: Venue Question

• Options
    shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A family friend had her wedding at Venice and loved everything about it.  I don't know if they have a space for the ceremony though.  We looked at Venice, but ended up at Lucien's Manor in Berlin, we fell in love with it.  You might want to check out Brigalias in Sicklerville too, it wasn't too bad cost wise.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    chrisa91011chrisa91011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second Brigalias! gl

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You won't save a lot at Brigalia's. And I believe they have 100 person minimum. The packages cost around $79.99 per person. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Brigallias that they booked like two months prior.  Includiing the ceremony and cocktail hour the whole thing was four hours long.  This couple was originally going to do an inexpensive destination thing, so I am sure they got a deal.

So you might be able to negotiate something reasonable.

They had remodelled not long before this wedding and their outdoor ceremony was pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Before you cancel be sure to read your contract carefully, since it is an American Legion they may not be as strict, but alot of places, will hold you responsible for what you contracted for if they cannot rebook the date. And you may not get your deposit back.
    We had to rebook somewhere else 6 months prior, and were threatened with being held responsible for the contracted amount, but the place went out of business so we are in the clear.
    Regarding the other places - I live right by Pennsauken Country Club, and I have heard mixed reviews. And they are not cheap. I inquired for outside catering and they quoted me $120 per person for stations, apps and alchohol. But on premises might be more cost effective, not sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BRIGALIAS!!!!! I had my wedding there 2 weeks ago & it was AMAZING!!! The y are very willing to work with you on prices too! Definately  deal with Tina
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have visited with the Bradford Estate.  They have a lovely site - nothing over the top, but it had all the basics we were looking for; a nice garden/courtyard for pictures and breaks outside, a separate area for cocktail hours, a lovely ballroom.  The front from the outside and the parking lot aren't much to look at, but the inside was nice.  I thought the prices were reasonable.  The ballroom has a forest mural painted around the four walls.  The painting was actually done quite well and gives the room a lot of character.  I haven't attended an event there, but I hope that gives you an idea of the place.  I believe they charge around 100 a head including the gratuities and tip.

In the end, it looks like we're going to choose The Mansion in Voorhees - another place you might find interesting if you haven't already considered it.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venice Plaza!!! I had my wedding there and it was AMAZING! The food there is soooo good. They have a smaller room for smaller receptions so that will work. They also have a place for the ceremony because we had ours there. They take the big balllroom and divide it. It's really pretty. PM me if you want to see pictures. Also Mike Oliveri is sooo nice and accommodating. I have more in depth vendor review in my post that's only a few threads down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards