New Jersey - South

Photographer+Videographer recs (Philadelphia/South Jersey)

Hello!

My fiance and I just booked our date + venue (8/23/13 at the Bradford Estate in Hainesport, NJ), so now I'm moving on to photography.

We live in Philly but obviously the wedding is in South Jersey, so I'd like to check out photogs in the area. Any recommendations? We're also looking for a videographer.

Our budget is $3,000 but if I can come under, that would obviously be great. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Photographer+Videographer recs (Philadelphia/South Jersey)

• We used Paul Dempsey for our engagement pictures and LOVED them.  He's located in Galloway, NJThe prices on his website seem high, but he said he can definitely work with you for a lower budget (we had already booked someone else).
    Speaking of someone else, we booked Steve Silver of Silver Image Photography for the wedding.  He's in Haddonfield.  We were close to your budget, but went over for additional books and time.
    Also, we booked Martin's Video for videography, an additional $850.  They come very highly recommended by my FBIL.  And they are out of Mays Landing NJ.
  • I used Tami Melissa Photography.  They were a pleasure to work with, and we had the same photog budget as you so they are affordable.  They are a husband and wife team that work great together!  We did not have a videographer so I cant help you there!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographervideographer-recs-philadelphiasouth-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:de609dcd-0c4b-454f-ac4b-71f436d0c983Post:2ead1a3f-ea7a-4811-83cf-8315236bb594">Re: Photographer+Videographer recs (Philadelphia/South Jersey)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Paul Dempsey for our engagement pictures and LOVED them.  He's located in Galloway, NJThe prices on his website seem high, but he said he can definitely work with you for a lower budget (we had already booked someone else). Speaking of someone else, we booked Steve Silver of Silver Image Photography for the wedding.  He's in Haddonfield.  We were close to your budget, but went over for additional books and time. Also, we booked Martin's Video for videography, an additional $850.  They come very highly recommended by my FBIL.  And they are out of Mays Landing NJ.
    Posted by punkyalicia[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll be sure to check out Paul Dempsey and Silver Image. I think I read another recommendation for Martin's Video as well, so I'll add them to my list!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographervideographer-recs-philadelphiasouth-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:de609dcd-0c4b-454f-ac4b-71f436d0c983Post:ac660874-471e-4755-91c4-fe253fd90497">Re: Photographer+Videographer recs (Philadelphia/South Jersey)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Tami Melissa Photography.  They were a pleasure to work with, and we had the same photog budget as you so they are affordable.  They are a husband and wife team that work great together!  We did not have a videographer so I cant help you there!
    Posted by cmblaney[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've actually checked out Tami Melissa's website/blog and thought the photos were really good!
  • We used Sarah Miller, who is based out of Philly and I can't say enough great things about her!  My hubby hates having his picture taken and she made him feel comfortable.  Her website is sarahmillerphotography.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographervideographer-recs-philadelphiasouth-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:de609dcd-0c4b-454f-ac4b-71f436d0c983Post:2e9851e2-ff4f-4096-80a4-3f5d8a713d7b">Re: Photographer+Videographer recs (Philadelphia/South Jersey)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Sarah Miller, who is based out of Philly and I can't say enough great things about her!  My hubby hates having his picture taken and she made him feel comfortable.  Her website is sarahmillerphotography.com
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!
  • Element photography. My sister was married last year at the Bradford. She used them and they also do video in conjunction with another company (her husband's) we're using them for our wedding this year too. And 2 of her friends used them also!
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    We used Scott Whittle in Cape May and he was awesome!! I serioulsy could not have been happier with our pics. His style is so great. scottwhittle.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in the same boat as you! We just booked our Adventure Aquarium wedding and have moved on to photography. I've looked at Tami Melissa Photography and Brittney Lee Photography too. We have the same budget as you with photography.
  • We used Jean and Steve....they are based out of Mount Holly (about 10 min from your venue) and I know they have done a ton of events there.  We got our engagement session along with our wedding package all for under $3000.  We are mostly working with their son Matt who's really artistic.  Check them out on facebook or their website.  Theyre a "best of" for 2012 on here as well.  I would highly recommend them!
  • Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

Just an update - we actually signed a contract with KGM Expressions, based out of Williamstown, NJ. Kim & Ray are a husband & wife team and they seem really great to work with. We're excited!

On to the next task...

:)
  • We used Melissa Kelly Photography.  She was amazing and her prices were very reasonable.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards