New Jersey - South
Options

Your DJ suggestions...

That's what I'm looking for.

Wedding isn't till November 2013 but I'm trying to get the "big" things - venue, photographer & DJ - booked as soon as possible.  I've reached out to 2 recommended companies at this point.  While one played some email/phone tag for a bit, I'm now just hearing crickets from both.  Kind of frustrating.

At this point, I'd like to keep the budget as close to $1k as possible.  It's anticipated that we'll be a heavy dancing crowd of about 100-115 people.  Keeping guests on the dance floor is a must!  Also required:  DJ must not be chatty and understand non-verbal dancing cues as to what s/he needs to play next.  FI & I went to a wedding recently where everyone seemed to want to tell the guy to shut up and just play music!

Any suggestions you have are appreciated.  I'm not freaking out or anything but I figured why not solicit some current recommendations from the board.  Thanks!

Re: Your DJ suggestions...

• Options
    Decades Entertainment.... ask for Lee Neves. AMAZING

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out centerstage entertainment.  they were amazing for us, got everyone on the dance floor and kept them there the whole time and were decently priced!  We used Sean, and so did our friends and another of friends is using Frank, the owner.  He's a bit more but they are all amazing and really nice to work with, even 2 months from the date after we booted our other DJ!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions.  I hate having to feel like I'm chasing after someone to give us their business.  It's also not a very promising sign as to how the company is run!

I just took a look at Centerstage Entertainment and saw that my ex's brother is one of the DJs.  Yikes...that has high awkward moment-potential!  Before I jump the gun on that, I sent in a quote request to see where they stand in terms of $$.

Thanks, again!
  • Options

I have been to about 20 weddings in the past two years...I have seen them all...I love diamond djs, BUT you have to have DJ sammy!! he is amazing! around 1100!! and worth even more!  he has an awesome personality and has been doing it for years. Diamonddjs.com. He is part owner of the company and is fabulous to work with! out of the 20 weddings, he did 3 of them and was hands down the best! I don't really care for DJ's available, although affordable, too corporate for me! GOOD LUCK!

• Options
    I have sce ( sound connection entertainment ). They are amazing and really know how to keep the party going and I have only heard good reviews of them.
  • Options
    I second Sean from center stage - he djed our wedding a few weekends ago, and really made the whole night run smoothly, even when my husband got sick between the ceremony and reception. I got lots of compliments on the variety of music he played, too!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I are scheduled to meet with Sean at Center Stage next Thursday.  Had a promising conversation with him last week and ended up confirming the appointment.  Definitely looking forward to meeting with him and hope that it goes well!  Sean said everything that we are looking for in a DJ - and the quoted price helps sweeten the deal, as well!

Thanks, again, for the suggestions!
  • Options

krizzo - So sorry to hear that your husband got sick!!  Not an ideal situation to deal with, I'm sure.  Hope the rest of the day/night went smoothly, though.

• Options
    i met with DJs available and TIme of Your LIfe entertainment this week and they both seem great. prices are really reasonable too and they've won awards.
  • Options
    I booked with Time of Your Life Entertainment. I would second that recommendation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was super critical about our Dj because they can make or break the reception. After endless interviews, we went with Mike Foglio from RunAwaywithUs Djs. We got the lighting, video music package and all were beyond excellent. 

Dance floor was packed all night, and they played music for the kids, our parents and everyone in between. You can build your playlist on their website!

RunAwayWithUs.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards