New Jersey - South

Photography question...

Hello Ladies!

This is my first post on this board but I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot more questions! I'm getting married in January 2011 at The Merion in Cinnaminson and I'm looking to book a photographer very soon. I was wondering if anyone had any idea about photographers in this area but there's (what might be) a weird request. I don't actually need any prints or an album or anything, I really just need someone with an amazing artistic eye to photograph the day so we can get the images on CD/DVD. The other issue is I do have a bit of a budget concern (No more than $2000 for a photographer, I just blew my entire budget on the hall basically) so I was wondering if anyone knew anyone that would work... I have been told Capone Photography and Moffa are both very good but no information on prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Photography question...

• edited December 2011
    Perfect Day Photography offers an inexpensive photo package for people who are pretty much in the exact situation you are in. They provide you with a cd of your pictures and the pricing starts at $675.

http://www.perfectdayphotography.com/pricing.htm

They just shot my wedding and I was soooo happy with the results. You can see their photos at perfectday.smugmug.com (they have pics on their website, too, but they post everything on smug mug.)

By the way, the package we bought came with a minimum of 300 pictures, but we ended up with over 1,000. They are champs, seriously.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're not interested in albums/prints then I think you can find a lot of photographers who are within your budget.  Some of the favorite photojournalists I can think of are Sarah Schulte, Mike Landis, and Melissa Cinici (sp?).  Just google for their website, and shoot them an email for pricing info.  Most vendors will share pricing and package info via email if you request it.
  • Sami_GSami_G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend our photographer, David Humphreys.  His website is www.dhumphreys.com. He offers plans that don't include prints or an album.  We were almost going to go with that plan with two photographers, but my FMIL talked us into going with the prints and proof album.  Good luck.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE our photographer, Marc Anthony Photography.  He is great, and so nice.  He is right around $2000, and that is for a disc with unlimited rights to your pics.  No albums or prints.  And I think he has a great style....

http://www.marcanthonyphoto.com

GL
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm getting married Jan 2011 at the Merion as well and I'm using Perfect Day Photography.  They've been great to work with so far!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much everyone!! I am going to contact the photographers this week and I checked out some of the sites so far and the ones suggested have definitly fallen into my price range so far which is a huge relief... A friend of the family just got married last year and they spent $7000 on their photographer and I was scared I was going to end up with something bad if I didn't spend that much. I feel much better now!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!
    We are using Core Productions.  $1950 for the full day (no time limit) includes all shots on DVD! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited Capone.  I absolutely loved their work, but they were super expensive!  I wouldn't bother.  I think their cheapest package was $5000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I'd be happy to rec my photographer (Jason Rhee).  He's from North Jersey, but he is traveling at no extra charge.  You will be absolutely within budget.  He has a package for $1700 with albums and the images and prints.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Paul Dempsey. He is based in Ventnor, but he is coming to this area (cinnaminson area) for our engagement pictures.  he is very reasonable and flexible.  really like him!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another knottie recommended "T" from alimariophoto.com to me.  He is a super nice guy and extremely talented. Check out his portfolio on the website. He is very willing to customize a package with what you want and what your budget is.

Good luck!

Anniversary
  • SJGirl0811SJGirl0811 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second David Humphreys. 
  • edited December 2011
    I second Alimario! If you are just looking for full day coverage and a CD of your pictures he will work with your budget.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm using www.betterphoto.net. All prices are listed on his website, he's extremely affordable, and he does provide a CD without prints option.
  • hillmanl2hillmanl2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey! i am getting married in june of 2011 and we are using marc anthony! love him!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for answering about Capone, DEFINITELY out of my price range! He had beautiful work but $5000 is just entirely not possible. I've seen a bunch of good reviews about Jason Rhee and I was thinking of him also but I didn't know if he went that far south. I know the photography is basically one of the most important parts of the day so I don't want to go total bottom line on it but I just don't have much to spend on it. I'm glad to know there are a lot of photographers willing to work with people on just doing the photos and all. You've all been so helpful! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards