New Jersey - South

HELP! Affordable wedding venue in SJ - $50-$60 a person

Hey Knotties! I was planning a beautiful wedding here in Maryland but need to move locations to South Jersey unexpectedly due to my grandmother's ailing health.  Now I'm scrambling trying to find something in South Jersey for $50-$60 per person that is not a VFW or Elks Lodge.  As we are moving the wedding up drastically, I have to cut the budget too. And did I say I'm planning from out of state? #sigh

Does anyone know of anything that looked pretty for $50-$60 per person?? I've checked out so many that look beautiful (Clark's Landing, Lucien's, Greate Bay, Bradford Estate) but are out of the price point. Champagne tastes. :-)

I'm having around 100 people, no alcohol, and would prefer an outdoor ceremony option.  I know it's a long shot but has anyone heard of anything???

Re: HELP! Affordable wedding venue in SJ - $50-$60 a person

• I would try the following places.  You can bring in your own caterer and then you should be able to customize your menu to keep you in your price point.

Moorestown Community Center
    Gibson House, Evesham Twp
    Haddon Fortnightly, in Haddonfield
    Camden County Boathhouse, you would probably need a County resident to actually book this place though
    Collingswood Ballroom (but this is probably out of your price range, but you never know!)

Of the places I listed, I think the Moorestown Community Center and Gibson House would have room for the outside ceremony there.  The Gibson House has a huge deck on the back of it and that could work for you perfectly.

Good luck in your planning!  Come back and ask any questions you may have!
  • Thanks OliveOilsMom! I will definitely check these out!  i really appreciate it.
  • Try Valleybrook Country Club in Blackwood. Check online and Tracy is the one taking care of wedding planning. I think I remember one of their pacakge might be in your price range, especilally if you do not have any alcohol. Oh and they have outdoor ceremony. :-) Good luck!
  • Try venice plaza as well.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sensational Host-they cater out but also have their own location which is not that bad-their package includes alot more than others, such as a dj and cake and i believe it was at about $50/person.  We got married a few years ago at the Castle in Delran (now Yachtclub caterers) which is a "brother"location of the Bradford Estate and it was about $60-$70/person but we got a reduced rate b/c we got married in December.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • yes!! Try Venice plaza. Their room is gorgeous and the staff is great!

• Camden County Boathouse - You do NOT need to be a Camden County resident.  Sensational Host Catering is also one of their approved caterers.  The boathouse is on the Cooper River and there is a gazebo in walking distance so you can have an outdoor ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starfish2688starfish2688 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    If you go into PA I would try a place called Georgines (it's in bristol). The plates are about $60 and that includes EVERYTHING. DJ, centerpieces, food, open bar, tax and gratuity, etc. THey don't have a place for the ceremony though.

Also, I would try Brigalias. You can go to their smaller facility VIlla Manor where I have heard the prices are much cheaper than actually at their establishment. I believe the only difference is that the cocktail hour and the reception are in the same room, that's the same with Georgines. I know they have a ceremony area at their establishment but I'm not sure about at Villa Manor.

Also, possibly check out Jacques catering in Middletown. That's North Jersey but they quoted my friend for a price of about $80 and that included tax and gratuity. They do have an outdoor ceremony area.

Another option is Indian Springs Country Club or Pennsauken country club, both catered by Marcos Caterers. Their prices started it the high 70s. They also have a outdoor ceremony area.

I would also try Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro, NJ. They have an outdoor ceremony area and they will definitely work with you on prices.They start in the low $60s. The reception area is in a giant tent. Pretty  cool.

All of these places will probably reduce the price if you do remove the bar so that will definitely save you some money. Happy planning!
  • Try Ramblewood Country club, they were one of the least expensive and they have a golf course and a gazebo so it would be nice for an outdoor wedding.  There room holds about 175 which is the main reason we didn't go with them, but for you it sounds like it would work.  The girl in charge of catering there was awesome.
  • Would definitely go with Valleybrook or Brigalias Villa Manor
  • I used the Merchantville Community Center. There is not an outdoor option, but it is $600 to rent for the night, and it is very colonial-looking with hardwood floors, fire places, etc.

For catering, I used Heim's Kitchen Catering. The food was excellent, and the price was only around $15/ head.

I also had 100 ppl and a $7000 budget. I planned from Maryland, too. :) Good luck!
  • Thanks so much for all of your replies! We've actually decided on Maggiano's at Cherry Hill. But I loved reading everybody's suggestions. I really appreciated it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards