New Jersey - South
Options

Has anyone used a Jukebox rental?

Since my wedding will be on a major budget, I'm considering a digital jukebox rental instead of a DJ.  Has anyone out there used these?

Re: Has anyone used a Jukebox rental?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no i havent but it sounds like a neat idea!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this way posted a while ago, but if you are still considering it - I would have to say it might not be the best idea. I've been to a few parties (not weddings) that have had them and while they are fun becaue they let you and the guests have full control over the music, it can get messy.

They drop it off and leave - there isn't anyone there to help manage it- And at every party there ended up being a couple people who ended up doing just that because -  if there aren't enough people going up and putting songs onto the playlist, then it will divert to a random selection of songs which will may not be to your liking. Also, with everyone having different favorites, you playlist might get clogged with songs you don't want played or not suited for the mood.

Also, people's songs tend to get bumped off, moved down, skipped over, etc. Because it's open to anyone to add/take away/skip songs. You can put a password on the machices but that usually just results in whoever knows the password constantly being called over to the thing if somethign needs to be changed.

I think it would take away from you and your guests time if you're left to manning the jute box instead of having a professional take care of the music for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards