New Jersey - South

Price per head Seaview Marriott??

Has anyone had a reception at the marriott? I'm wondering how low I can get their pph. Thanks
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Price per head Seaview Marriott??

• Well it's not owned by Marriott any longer. It's owned by Stockton College and managed by a resort company called Dolce. I actually did my internship there and am considering having my wedding there. 

Cocktial Style package starts at $136 per person, there is a 10% discount for fri and sat. 

Plated reception depends on the entree selections so I dont have prices for that

hope this helps a little
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you request information from Seaview on their site, they will send you the packages (with price) that you are looking for without being too pushy.  (At least they did a few months back for me.) 

Their pph is definitely in the high range but it sounded like they were willing to cut a few things out to help ease the cost.  We, personally, couldn't get to a comfortable rate and moved on.

Good luck!
  • I just met with the catering sales manager today and she totally showed us ways to cut costs and keep it within our budget. Looks like we can do a plated sinner for about $106 a person by doing it on a Friday and cutting a few things we don't really need. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seaview is way too expensive and its not all that. Why cut back when you could go with other venues and get everything for the same price.
  • Sure, Seaview isn't considered a "budget" venue and it stinks to have to cut things out to get to a particular rate...but if that's where OP and her FI want their wedding and can afford it in their budget, go for it.

No need to say that it's "not all that" when it appears that it's exactly what OP & her FI want.

• Seaview has been great with me so far. We are spend $60 a head for brunch when we cut back on some food. WAAAAAAAAY too much food for my wedding. We added a half hour to the reception too.

The only thing is your vendors need insurance. if they dont have it, they have to write a letter claiming seaview is not responsible. Many people won't do that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_price-per-head-seaview-marriott?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:f4362b5d-0635-4bc6-a28a-5d063137ca93Post:0c1bdc1e-f9c3-4380-9017-25373b6a32ca">Re: Price per head Seaview Marriott??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sure, Seaview isn't considered a "budget" venue and it stinks to have to cut things out to get to a particular rate...but if that's where OP and her FI want their wedding and can afford it in their budget, go for it. No need to say that it's "not all that" when it appears that it's exactly what OP & her FI want.
    Posted by alk0511[/QUOTE]

It is my opinion, if she's looking to bring their prices down than she should try and look at other venues. That's all Im saying! And sorry if I offended you.
  • Thank you all! We do have 7 other appointments booked but Seaview is very local and would have been a good option if they could fit our budget. I do remember now that Stockton bought it out, which is why it's strange that they charge so much when it's run by a college... lol. From what I hear they are too much for our budget, which is ok with me, we are looking at lots of other beautiful venues. Thanks again ladies!!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes Stockton College  owns the property but it is still managed by Dolce Resorts so it's not run by the college
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In my opinion Renault Winery is nicer, has better food, and is a lot more private than Seaview. I had my wedding at Renault (and looked at Seaview) and I was so happy with the service that Reault provided. Plus we saved about $8000 going with Renault vs. Seaview! We got Renault for under $80 a plate for a seated dinner with a really nice cocktail hour with A LOT of great food! Plus centerpieces and cake were included!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check out the Carriage House in Galloway - they are so accomodating and can add and remove things to get to your budget - have cheaper menus for Fri/Sun and you get a winter discount if you do Jan Feb or Mar. Its gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards