North Dakota

Affordable Photographer in North Dakota?

I am planning my wedding on a budget and am looking for a affordable photographer. My wedding will be in Underwood, ND, which is half way between Bismarck and Minot. So I'm guessing that they would be willing to travel from there, but probably any ND photographer would travel.

I am looking for leads and possible prices to help out my search. I got lucky on a DJ let's hope the luck will continue...

Thanks!

Re: Affordable Photographer in North Dakota?

• I'm not sure what your budget is but what I did to make an awesome photographer fit into our budget was hire a student. Our weddding was in the Fargo area(3 large (for ND) universities) so it may have been a bit easier to for me. I posted a wanted ad on an University job's page. I met wiith a couple girls, see their websites, and chat with them. We ultimately found a photographer that fit DH and my personalities. She was super excited to add our photos to her portfolio and we were excited to get all day coverage, a CD and rights to all of our pictures, and it cost less than $500. All of our photos are as good or better than the $3500 I was planning on hiring.

• I am going with 763 photography.  Her website is www.763photography.com.  She has done a few weddings and is just getting started, but for all day coverage and all of the photos she is only charging $400.  She is definately worth looking at!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-dakota_affordable-photographer-north-dakota?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:129Discussion:51673449-4223-488d-a454-3401e17b6f96Post:10a8d866-1a8f-4f35-a92d-c63b64213c86">Re: Affordable Photographer in North Dakota?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what your budget is but what I did to make an awesome photographer fit into our budget was hire a student. Our weddding was in the Fargo area(3 large (for ND) universities) so it may have been a bit easier to for me. I posted a wanted ad on an University job's page. I met wiith a couple girls, see their websites, and chat with them. We ultimately found a photographer that fit DH and my personalities. She was super excited to add our photos to her portfolio and we were excited to get all day coverage, a CD and rights to all of our pictures, and it cost less than $500. All of our photos are as good or better than the $3500 I was planning on hiring.
    Posted by smileysarah[/QUOTE]

I agree with this wholeheartedly... We live in Grand Forks and I searched the UND site for student photographers. I ended up finding someone who works at the student rates but is an archaeologist and so she has a very unique style of photography. For our e-session, 10 hrs of coverage for the wedding day, and a full copyright release cd of ALL images from ALL sessions in as many locations as we want it's only $800... That's $2k+ LOWER than anywhere else I looked!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello!

I have done quite a bit of photography and am looking to venture out and do some more, I have experience in weddings as well as family photos and farming photos. I currently live in Devils Lake so it wouldn't be far to travel.My prices are fairly cheaper than others around Grand Forks and Bismarck. If you would like some information and to see some photos, feel free to contact me!! 
  • Ben Nash.  Ridiculously reasonable rates.  You can search him on FB.  I booked him for photography and his mom does flowers.  Both are great!
  • Hi Thought I'd chime in even though I'm new here!!  I'm having www.auphoto.net do mine!  She's amazing and has so many fantastic ideas.  Her pricing starts at $2300 and is well worth it.  I look at it this way (and yes, maybe it's because I've talked to tons of photographers before settling on her) the pictures are going to be what I have for the rest of my life and what our children will have.  I do have a friend who went with a student photographer who was also a friend because she thought that the friend could do it because she was in school for photography.  Let's just say that they do not speak now.  It's even ugly. 
    Look up About You Photography on FB.  She's got some amazing stuff on there!  That's where I found out about her first. 
  • Hello,

I thought I would give an update on my post. I have booked Reflections Photography by Kristi Kay. She seems really nice an easy to work with. She was even willing to negotiate a little bit on the package that I chose.

I will give an update after my wedding as more of a review. Here is the website:

http://www.reflectionsphotographybykristikay.com/#!

• Oh, and thanks everyone for all of the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards