North Dakota

Taking Pictures Before or After

I was wondering for all brides out there. What do you think about taking pictures after the ceremony so your groom gets that dramatic feel when you are walking down the aisle? Let me know what you all think. Should i take pictures before or after the ceremony?

Re: Taking Pictures Before or After

• edited December 2011
    I have seen it done both ways.  I liked when they did them before because you don't have such a time gap  between ceremony and reception. 

I am doing mine afterwards.  We are getting married by the JP at 3:30 and don't have a huge wedding party.  We are looking at doing pictures at 4 and eating at 6.  and reception at 7.  We are also only doing a famliy wedding and dinner so that makes a difference. 
  • mwentworthmwentworth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    as a photographer, i owuls suggest pictures before so you can have a more intimate first time meeting with each other and it gives the photographer a better range on getting more unique and intimate shots. Also, your make up and everything will be fresh and still clean looking (in case you get all teary eyed during the ceremony) . . . Taking pictures before I think captures more emotion in the special moment and allows the photographer more flexibility in getting both the bride and grooms reactions.

• edited December 2011
    I'm taking pic's after. That's what my other half in insisting on. He doesn't want to see me at all before the actual wedding. ;-) good luck!
  • mrsanderson7mrsanderson7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours before and after the ceremony.  We don't want to see each other until I walk down the isle so we will do the separate photos beforehand and then we will do the big group and pictures of just the two of us after the ceremony during the social hour.  At first our photographer and even our priest was pressuring us into doing it before hand, but I have always had this picture in my head of walking down the isle and seeing each other for the first time.  I am so relieved I that I finally convinced everyone to let us do it our way.  Whatever you choose, make sure its what you really want.
  • Personally, I LOVE "first look" photos, which you don't get when walking down the aisle unless you have two photographers - one pointing at the groom and one at the bride. even so, the first time the groom will see you is so much better when he's able to hug you and tell you how beatiful you look rather than being at the alter and not really being able to say much. plus, from going to other weddings, I hate that three or four hour gap between the ceremony and dinner - it's no fun for guests to have to go sit at home for a couple hours still dressed up and everything. so definitely before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards