North Dakota
Options

Immediate Family Wedding Help

Hi Everyone,
 I'm recently engaged and having a heck of a time trying to figure out my ideal wedding. My Fiance and I really want to start our lives together so we were hoping to have our immediate family only (35 people) versus planning a larger wedding. We're marrying Catholic so a church ceremony is necessary. 

What we're having a hard time with is trying to figure out what to do AFTER the wedding for a celebration in Fargo/Moorhead. 14 of the family members are under the age of 16, most under 10. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? My family likes to indulge in a few beverages, but with young kids it's hard to imagine leaving them behind at a hotel or something.

Re: Immediate Family Wedding Help

• Options
    WinterWed17WinterWed17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could rent out a smaller room at a restaraunt. They won't serve the underagers, but they would still be welcome since it's not a bar, and you wouldn't need large numbers of guests that are required at a banquet-type place.

I guess the next question is, do you want a sit down meal, heavy appetizers and cocktails, or cake and punch?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So your not including any of your close friends? There are several restaurants with nice rooms you can reserve, some of the hotels have smaller rooms too so that is an option.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did an immediate Family wedding and then since we had so many friends we ended up doing a dessert bar/dance Reception.  All together including my dress i spent about 3 grand.  I had so many compliments on how great it was to see the money not going to waste.  If I were to do it over, i would opt out of a dessert bar and do either a candy bar or a meat and cheese tray.  We had so many dessert leftover because it doesn't mix well with drinking.    I know there is another couple feeding only immediate Family and then doing some kind of reception for everyone else.    We had just as much fun as a regular wedding with out worrying if we were boring the guests.  (ps don't mention this on other boards because apparently trying to save money is poor taste.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the HoDo's private room downstairs.  
    BFP 3/17/12 EDD 11/23/12 m/c 3/30/12 6 wks BFP 12/5/12 EDD 8/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards